• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Go Back to MCSGv1 For 1 Week

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I've said this before, but it seems as though whatever the developers do, nobody is satisfied. They've added a ton of new maps, and have done so much for the servers because the community was suggesting them and they were in high demand. They're also dealing with a lot of problems with NCP and plugins at the same time. After all the suggestions were put in place (more maps, voting, removing mobs, not being able to craft bows/fishing rods, removing compasses and maps from chests just to name a few), you guys still aren't happy and want to revert back to the way it was before.

I think we should all enjoy MCSG for what it is now, not for what it was before. Sure, the servers were great in the so called "1.2.5 glory days" or in Beta, but those days are behind us and we have to keep moving on into the future of MCSG, not go into the past. Some may not like the servers the way they are now, but we just have to deal with the problems that are in place, whether it's Baccas, hackers, maps, etc. We just have to enjoy the game and appreciate what it has to offer, not to focus our attention to it's shortcomings that apparently don't make it as good as it was before.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
A complete rollback to MCSGv1 is not happening and will never happen for a couple of reasons.
  1. It would confuse newer members by the drastic change in gameplay.
  2. The internal structure of our servers has changed heavily since v2 was introduced. Because of this, we'd have to take time out of improving v2 and put it into something that'd only stick around for a week.
  3. The database structure was also completely revamped with v2. We'd have to convert everything back to the old database structure, meaning we'd have to spend time on an import script. This isn't happening either.
Simply put, we're not going to "start over" on v1. The main purpose of v2 was in fact to "start fresh", because with all the developers that have worked with the old codebase, plenty of different bits of code and coding styles have been mixed in, making it nearly impossible to fix bugs. With v2, we're a lot stricter amongst ourselves about which code can get pushed to the servers and which code has to be redone, eliminating this potential future problem.

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
A complete rollback to MCSGv1 is not happening and will never happen for a couple of reasons.
  1. It would confuse newer members by the drastic change in gameplay.
  2. The internal structure of our servers has changed heavily since v2 was introduced. Because of this, we'd have to take time out of improving v2 and put it into something that'd only stick around for a week.
  3. The database structure was also completely revamped with v2. We'd have to convert everything back to the old database structure, meaning we'd have to spend time on an import script. This isn't happening either.
Simply put, we're not going to "start over" on v1. The main purpose of v2 was in fact to "start fresh", because with all the developers that have worked with the old codebase, plenty of different bits of code and coding styles have been mixed in, making it nearly impossible to fix bugs. With v2, we're a lot stricter amongst ourselves about which code can get pushed to the servers and which code has to be redone, eliminating this potential future problem.
Well, why not we just do something small like the old lobby?

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, why not we just do something small like the old lobby?
That wouldn't be as huge of an issue, though I interpreted this thread as "bring back MCSGv1 with everything (plugin, lobby, maps) for a week".

BlueMoonP

Experienced
Reaction score
That wouldn't be as huge of an issue, though I interpreted this thread as "bring back MCSGv1 with everything (plugin, lobby, maps) for a week".

I would kill to be able to play Hungry Hills again :(

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Although I can almost guarantee that this won't happen, IF anything like this were to happen (most likely dedicated V1 servers) I just want to make sure were not confusing ourselves as to what lobby we're talking about...

old old old old lobby

old old old lobby

Mr_Tibbels

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I realize V1 is the one we all know and love, but there really isn't anything wrong with V2

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Am I honestly the only person that thought V1 was ugly (just look at those chat colours, ew) with much worse features? V2 is much, much better, and has allowed for brilliant new features that never before existed (custom deathmatch arenas, multiple cornucopias, polls, awesome moderating features, new map voting features, sponsoring and a lot more). V2 is a lot better than V1 and I would never want to go back.

Vox

Career
Reaction score
Did you take this from my status xD?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci