• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Go Back to MCSGv1 For 1 Week

Krumblez

Career
Reaction score
Alright, so I have come up with a pretty neat idea. I'd just like to say in advance that I didn't do too much looking around on the forums to see if this topic was already covered. Alright, so I think everyone can agree that MCSGv1 is a whole lot better than MCSGv2. What if they made it so that the MCSG servers were like they were back in the good old MCSGv1 days? Oh, and when I say MCSGv1, I mean late beta/early not beta I guess, lol. So anyways, what would happen is there would only be four maps to choose from; SG1, SG2, SG3, and SG4. Also, they would bring back the old lobby. I'm not saying this one is bad, it's just that I prefer the older one. In addition to this, they'd make it so refill happens a lot sooner than it does now. And you won't have to wait 10 seconds when you get to DM before you can move. Maybe they can even add mobs back in the games. Yes, a lot of people found them annoying, but that is what made it that much more fun and challenging. I started playing MCSG back in summer of 2012 and it was by far the greatest summer of my life. I would play non stop every day. I'd like to once again enjoy those good old days. Now, it's hard to play for more than 2 hours at a time. It's not that MCSG now is boring, it's just that I liked it MUCH more back in beta and summer 2012. And I know a lot of people can agree with me on this. This is just a thought that came to my mind and thought that many people would like this idea of going back to the original survival games days for one week only. Thank you for your time and if you agree or disagree with this please let me know :)

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Just letting you know, they were not the original maps. The original maps were:
  • Survival Games 1
  • Survival Games 2
  • Survival Games 3
  • Breeze Island
  • Overgrown Arena
Breeze Island would be the only map that ever gets played, with a very small amount of SG2 thrown in, and a bit of Overgrown Arena for the people that had never played it.
It would also help if you gave proper reasons as to why you prefer MCSGV1 over MCSGV2, other than 'quicker refills, not having to wait in deathmatch (which is there to give time for the map to load for people with bad computers) and mobs'.

Krumblez

Career
Reaction score
Just letting you know, they were not the original maps. The original maps were:
  • Survival Games 1
  • Survival Games 2
  • Survival Games 3
  • Breeze Island
  • Overgrown Arena
Breeze Island would be the only map that ever gets played, with a very small amount of SG2 thrown in, and a bit of Overgrown Arena for the people that had never played it.

It would also help if you gave proper reasons as to why you prefer MCSGV1 over MCSGV2, other than 'quicker refills, not having to wait in deathmatch (which is there to give time for the map to load for people with bad computers) and mobs'.
I understand that Breeze would be the only map played. That's why I didn't include it. And not too many people are fond of Overgrown Arena. SG1-4 are all popular maps that MOST people enjoy to play. And honestly, the reasons I stated as to why I prefer MCSGv1 over v2 (quicker refill, etc.) are the reasons I like v1 better than v2. I mean, v2 isn't bad, it's just that back when I first started playing (MCSGv1) it was just so much more fun and I don't really know how to explain why. Just something about it made it so much more enjoyable for me.

Krumblez

Career
Reaction score
SG maps 1-3 would be better
Yes, if it were SG1-3 then it really would be like the beta but then the only maps that would get played is map 2. At least if map 4 was added then there would be more than one map being played. Plus, they can keep the same voting system so if a map was previously played, then it won't show up in the voting round next time.

Alpha

Platinum
Reaction score
A Retro Week? Seems like a good idea.

Just SG1 and 2.

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
Are you sure you aren't just feeling a bit of nostalgia?

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
This actually a really good idea, personally I think that too many maps have been added, I don't have chest routes on most of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci