• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Go Back to MCSGv1 For 1 Week

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I understand that Breeze would be the only map played. That's why I didn't include it. And not too many people are fond of Overgrown Arena. SG1-4 are all popular maps that MOST people enjoy to play. And honestly, the reasons I stated as to why I prefer MCSGv1 over v2 (quicker refill, etc.) are the reasons I like v1 better than v2. I mean, v2 isn't bad, it's just that back when I first started playing (MCSGv1) it was just so much more fun and I don't really know how to explain why. Just something about it made it so much more enjoyable for me.
It was newer, now it's old. It used to be more fun for a lot of people for that reason.

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I want the old lobby back.

With the fountain, and the glitch where you could leave the lobby.

And those pesky monsters that destroy you at night.

And when food poisoning was a problem.

And when you could craft bows/fishing rods.

And when compasses/watches/maps were a thing.

Good times.

Ultraviolence

Experienced
Reaction score
Everyone loves MCSGV1..I do. BUT, this thread has been made so many times and just been denied...

Reaction score
Ah.. I remember those good times. I only started back in late January, pretty soon before MCSGv2, but I kind of get the same feel. There's a lot I miss from v1, but a few good things I like about v2. So yeah, I agree. MCSGv1 for a week :D

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
While, as you all know after my countless postings, I love my beta MCSG, I feel that V2 isn't really a problem. I don't get the hatred towards it.
As for rolling back everything for a week, the servers would get alot of hate. I think a better alternative would be to test out "Classic" servers. I have a petition thread talking about this.

WertQuadNine

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I had an idea for this a while ago, but it was lost in space :( Anyways, how about only sg1 and sg2, with the original plugin and original items to be found in chests, and also mobs!

sesiath

Spectator
Reaction score
If these servers will be made would you have a new scoring for them or the same scoring because in SGv1 the game times would last up to an hour and 30 minutes before DM. That would mean other competitors on the leader boards would be able to play games in the time of a SGv1 match. it doesn't bug me but I honestly just miss the original SGv1 server where people were actually good and the game was not only challenging but took skill to win. items were harder to find and that made teams less op because you actually have to share the loot. I love the idea and we want the original SG back. there are over 200 petitioners and that is from people who are always on the MCSG web site. I guarantee if these servers were made there would be around 1,000 people trying to get into these servers. just in my opinion it would help MCSG get donatorships because I know a lot of old school players that don't want to donate because they hate the new SGv2 maps.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If these servers will be made would you have a new scoring for them or the same scoring because in SGv1 the game times would last up to an hour and 30 minutes before DM. That would mean other competitors on the leader boards would be able to play games in the time of a SGv1 match. it doesn't bug me but I honestly just miss the original SGv1 server where people were actually good and the game was not only challenging but took skill to win. items were harder to find and that made teams less op because you actually have to share the loot. I love the idea and we want the original SG back. there are over 200 petitioners and that is from people who are always on the MCSG web site. I guarantee if these servers were made there would be around 1,000 people trying to get into these servers. just in my opinion it would help MCSG get donatorships because I know a lot of old school players that don't want to donate because they hate the new SGv2 maps.
You said when people were actually good, but there is more skill now. People have been playing longer and there are more players. You must be more skilled to win now. And you could argue that less gear makes teams more OP, because you had less to fight with. The game was more luck based; if someone had full iron, they probably won. Now people can beat full iron guys.

I'm not necessarily opposed to the server idea but I think nostalgia is clouding your mind.

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm completely up for this idea, except those days, the system was a bit rusty (especially the 1.2.5-1.3 days.)

I do miss the library parkour and spamming right click to get into those beds.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
I'd love to play V1 again! I think having 3-5 servers with V1 would be better than just having it for a week though.

sesiath

Spectator
Reaction score
Not really its almost impossible to not get iron armor and sword but isn't that the point of SG. and you don't have to be skilled now its about how fast you get items. if someone gets iron armor at the corn then they have a clear advantage. either way you get amazing OP armor its all about when you get it. I wouldn't call that skill. and by the armor increase I meant that teams don't have to split items unlike before. teams always get to much armor than they need. the point of the team is supposed to be giving up supplies for another screen. so in reality it should be the one guy gets better armor than the team who has split armor. in general anymore. whoever gets the items first wins. not really who is better at pvp. and yes more people have come into the game which does make it harder. yet a team of 6 which I just saw in a game I played is just insane. they came out of the Cornucopia with also all chain and iron and just picked everyone off at the start. is that really skill?

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Not really its almost impossible to not get iron armor and sword but isn't that the point of SG. and you don't have to be skilled now its about how fast you get items. if someone gets iron armor at the corn then they have a clear advantage. either way you get amazing OP armor its all about when you get it. I wouldn't call that skill. and by the armor increase I meant that teams don't have to split items unlike before. teams always get to much armor than they need. the point of the team is supposed to be giving up supplies for another screen. so in reality it should be the one guy gets better armor than the team who has split armor. in general anymore. whoever gets the items first wins. not really who is better at pvp. and yes more people have come into the game which does make it harder. yet a team of 6 which I just saw in a game I played is just insane. they came out of the Cornucopia with also all chain and iron and just picked everyone off at the start. is that really skill?
Skill is a major component of the game, whether you think so or not. If its all about gear than how can I take out a team of 3 with better gear? MCSG is a game of luck and skill, it takes both to win. However skill reduces your dependency on luck.

As far as a team of 6 goes, how often does that really happen?

You can also quote my post instead of just posting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci