• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Give People A Second Chance to Apply for Mod if they've been Banned for Hacking.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Actually, I never thought of this, but the way the main post has put it has made me consider it. Maybe a player should be allowed to apply for mod a year after their ban, that is if they werent banned a second time in the time between.

I must rekon its true everybody makes mistakes, everybody can be stupid at least one. Even though Ive never hacked, and thus never been banned... one dark past of mine is I used to be a griefer on the Minecraft classic servers a long time ago, I got banned from plenty of servers, It makes me feel ashamed of myself now. Peopel can change those things, many grow up.

Last edited:

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree.

I really would write a big essay on why I agree, but I'm way too lazy right now.

(I'd recommend putting a poll so that we can see how the numbers are standing on who agrees and who disagrees.)

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Time to throw my opinion into the wind. I have mixed feelings about this topic and I will explain them in depth.
Bans that should be overlooked for moderators:
  • Non-Frequent abuse
  • Gamma increase/other non-knowing alterations
The reason why these should be allowed is under the mistakes category. When you get killed by a team of 3 that later says 'gg nub 2ez eggroll' you tend to get mad and maybe say some things that shouldn't be said. Does that make you a bad person and should have all of your moderator chances swept away? No, people make mistakes and rage is a common thing. But, there is exceptions. I feel there should be a limit on the amount of abuses you are allowed before they no longer exempt them as a ban. If you are a frequent abuser that get's in trouble for cussing out people and bypassing the filter, then maybe you shouldn't be allowed. Same goes for gamma increase or any other non-known alterations. If you had no idea that it wasn't allowed and used it there shouldn't be such harsh consequences for unknown offenses.

And now for the bans that should uphold:
  • Hacking
  • Constant Abuse
The reason that these upheld is because they are not mistakes. If you've hacked (I will explain a solution to this later) you shouldn't be allowed because there is not a single server as professional as MCGamer that would allow you to hack and you should know you are not allowed to. Also, constant abuse is - by no means - an accident. If you are just being plain rude to people just to be funny than you obviously are not mature enough to handle a staff position on our servers. That's all I am going to say.

SOLUTION: My personal solution to these would be that if you have gone a while without any offenses you should be exempt from your bans. If you have gone a while, let's say 6 months, without offending again then you obviously learned your lesson and are mature enough to handle a staff position. :)

TL;DR: Accidents: Allowed, Purpose: Allowed - but only after going offense-free for a long while. (6 months - 1 year, depending on situation.)

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
I think it would be good for ammount of bans, reason for the bans and the frequency of them should be looked at before automatically disqualifying someone for applying to be mod.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Time to throw my opinion into the wind. I have mixed feelings about this topic and I will explain them in depth.
Bans that should be overlooked for moderators:
  • Non-Frequent abuse
  • Gamma increase/other non-knowing alterations
The reason why these should be allowed is under the mistakes category. When you get killed by a team of 3 that later says 'gg nub 2ez eggroll' you tend to get mad and maybe say some things that shouldn't be said. Does that make you a bad person and should have all of your moderator chances swept away? No, people make mistakes and rage is a common thing. But, there is exceptions. I feel there should be a limit on the amount of abuses you are allowed before they no longer exempt them as a ban. If you are a frequent abuser that get's in trouble for cussing out people and bypassing the filter, then maybe you shouldn't be allowed. Same goes for gamma increase or any other non-known alterations. If you had no idea that it wasn't allowed and used it there shouldn't be such harsh consequences for unknown offenses.

And now for the bans that should uphold:
  • Hacking
  • Constant Abuse
The reason that these upheld is because they are not mistakes. If you've hacked (I will explain a solution to this later) you shouldn't be allowed because there is not a single server as professional as MCGamer that would allow you to hack and you should know you are not allowed to. Also, constant abuse is - by no means - an accident. If you are just being plain rude to people just to be funny than you obviously are not mature enough to handle a staff position on our servers. That's all I am going to say.

SOLUTION: My personal solution to these would be that if you have gone a while without any offenses you should be exempt from your bans. If you have gone a while, let's say 6 months, without offending again then you obviously learned your lesson and are mature enough to handle a staff position. :)

TL;DR: Accidents: Allowed, Purpose: Allowed - but only after going offense-free for a long while. (6 months - 1 year, depending on situation.)
I actually have to disagree with abuse being something that would be more easily overlooked. We can't have a moderator slipping curses at people, and you need to be able to keep constant composure. If you let out swears when someone was harassing you, who's to say you won't do it again?

But my overall philosophy is not to limit excusing a ban to any particular offense (barring something like a conspiracy or something, but I don't any conspirator would want to be a mod). I simply think that an applicant with more severe bans should simply be judged a bit harsher, making it harder to get off the hook for something bigger and naturally incorporating a "soft" limit to what you can be excused for.

Reaction score
Time to put in my two cents:

If you've been banned for hacking, like the OP has, I do not believe you should be able to normally apply for moderator. You would 100% have to go through a ban exception process, and even then they'd look at your recent history to determine if you'd be a good fit. This would be very difficult to pass.

However, there are a few cases where I feel players should be able to apply for moderator normally. These include:

• players who have been banned for BSM
  • players that have been banned for any overlay mod including Damage Indicators
  • players that have previous bans for Gamma increasing
All of these players fall into the category of those who most likely didn't know they were doing anything bad. Yes, by playing on the MCGamer servers you agree to have read all of the rules, comply to them, and take any consequences put upon you for breaking the rules. On the other hand, these players are mostly innocent. A HUGE amount of people who play Minecraft watch Youtubers with extreme fan bases. Many of these Youtuber "idols" use some if not all of the previous modifications listed in order to improve gameplay. People may be playing with these mods, thinking based upon their role models that they are fine, when really they are breaking the rules.

For situations like these, I strongly feel that these players should be allowed to apply for moderator without undergoing a ban exception process. However, they'd be judged harshly and it would be more difficult for them to become a mod than if they had not used these illegal mods in the first place. If the player (like Mooclan) maintained a clean history for the rest of their time at MCGamer up until they applied for the moderator position, they would have a better chance than someone with a questionable history. Again, it would still be more difficult than had they not been banned in the first place.

Players should receive chances, especially if they maintain a good reputation within the community. After all, someone who has been banned for hacking might make a much better moderator than someone that hasn't. :)
I was banned for damage indicates like the day that I joined, I was submitting a hacker report and I sent the video to my friend after i had already submitted it to the report abuse section and my friend was like, " you know damage indicators is not allowed right" and I was like.. no... I never knew that. I was banned for a week but never thought much about it so i uninstalled it.

Sidopey

Diamond
Reaction score
I got banned for "hacking" I have never on my life had a hack on my computer ever. I feel that they should get a second chance, It frustrates me how that ban affected how I want to help the community. For "Hacking" I can no longer help how I would like to.

Nineharted

Career
Reaction score
I have to agree. If it's been a year or more it's fine. Honestly, one mistake shouldn't screw you over. Not my problem since
A. I don't hack and never have on mcsg
B. I've never been banned on mcsg
C. I don't want mod.
Buuuuuut honestly, everyone deserves a second chance. So I support this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci