• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Give People A Second Chance to Apply for Mod if they've been Banned for Hacking.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
I find it harsh to not let anyone apply for Moderator who have been banned once for Hacking no matter how
long they've played. I have Hacked, I'll always regret that decision for the rest of my MCSG career, and yes I
got punished. Now this happened when I first started playing, around October of 2012 when I had less than 10 wins. I have been apart of this community for around 1.5 years, almost 2 years ago, I've submitted and got so many Hackers banned, I hate hackers. I know I sound hypocritical because I hacked, the reason I hacked is a long story.

Anyway, back on topic, if you go look through a couple pages you'll see quite a few complaints that hackers should be permanently banned on the 1st offence, moderators will usually reply with " Everyone makes mistakes, they deserve a 2nd chance". Whenever someone recommends that people should get a second chance for moderator, the mods will counter it by saying " If they fail to follow the rules they shouldn't be able to apply for Moderator " I completely disagree with that statement because this quote applies " Everyone makes mistakes, they deserve a 2nd chance "
we're ALL Human and we all make mistakes, it's part of the Human nature. I can guarantee the majority of this community has hacked on other servers, even mods, I know many mods who have hacked on other servers, and I was one of the unlucky members who stumbled upon this server and cheated, the server that I would have never known would have such a big impact on me as a person, a server that I would have never guessed I would be apart for all this time. I believe members of this community who have reported a numerous amount of Hacker/Abuse Reports actively throughout the year and have no ban records for at least 1 year prior to applying for Moderator deserve a second chance.

Now people will probably say " Well how can we trust the player to not break the rules again since he already broke them before?" Like I said, if they have been here for over a year, had so many hacker reports and such, no ban records for over a year, they truly deserve a 2nd chance, those types of people you should be able to trust, after being in this community for so long, why would they blow their chance of becoming a mod again?

~Brandon6895

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Actually, yeah. This is a good way of putting it. I do believe that second chances should be given for people who were banned a long time ago - even I've been banned for hacking once (falsely, but still upheld) and that prevents me from applying for Moderator.

However, there are certain cases where one CAN have the ban overlooked. However, it is extremely difficult, probably even more so than an Age Exception.

plimpy41

Platinum
Reaction score
Even though I had no idea about this topic at first, I agree now!

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes.

My mod app was denied for the sole reason that I have a 15 month old ban for Rei's minimap, which I used after a mod told me that it was allowed. How an unfair ban from that long ago can give any indication of whether or not I would make a good mod is beyond me. With this rule in place they're turning away perfectly capable mods for no real reason at a time when mods are in short supply. It makes no sense.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
No if you were hacking you should not be allowed to apply for mod. Moderators try to catch and ban hackers and it doesnt make much sense if a hacker is a mod. If you are old enough to apply for mod you must be old enough to know right from wrong and you should know the rules and understand what happens to people who hack. People may be sorry for what they have done but other people that have never hacked should be given mod over a player who has. If you cannot follow the rules you should not be given the responsibilities to enforce them. That is just my opinion.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
No if you were hacking you should not be allowed to apply for mod. Moderators try to catch and ban hackers and it doesnt make much sense if a hacker is a mod. If you are old enough to apply for mod you must be old enough to know right from wrong and you should know the rules and understand what happens to people who hack. People may be sorry for what they have done but other people that hase never hacked should be given mod over a player who has. If you cannot follow the rules you should not be given the responsibilities to enforce them. That is just my opinion.
You didn't read the whole thread, did you?

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
You didn't read the whole thread, did you?
Yes I did read the whole thing. There should be zero tolerence for hackers. There are many non hackers applying for mod. Why should mod be given to a hacker rather than a non hacker. Rules are rules.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes I did read the whole thing. There should be zero tolerence for hackers. There are many non hackers applying for mod. Why should mod be given to a hacker rather than a non hacker. Rules are rules.
Please tell where I said " Hackers should get mod instead of someone who didn't hack"

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
No. If you were banned for hacking, it is no "mistake". Sure, you may regret it but you made the decision on purpose, it doesn't matter how long you have been in the community, because if you hacked once, there is still that part in you deep inside for hacking. Even if you did have less than 1o wins, you still broke the rules. Maybe next time you should make brighter choices and not chose to hack. This rule also would be dumb because what if someone got banned for hacking, then left for a year to hack on other servers, came back and applied for mod. The next thing you know he hacks and bans everyone he can. So even if it was a year ago when you hacked, you still did it KNOWING it was against the rules. And don't BS me and say "did you even read the whole thread" because yes, I did.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
No. If you were banned for hacking, it is no "mistake". Sure, you may regret it but you made the decision on purpose, it doesn't matter how long you have been in the community, because if you hacked once, there is still that part in you deep inside for hacking. Even if you did have less than 1o wins, you still broke the rules. Maybe next time you should make brighter choices and not chose to hack. This rule also would be dumb because what if someone got banned for hacking, then left for a year to hack on other servers, came back and applied for mod. The next thing you know he hacks and bans everyone he can. So even if it was a year ago when you hacked, you still did it KNOWING it was against the rules. And don't BS me and say "did you even read the whole thread" because yes, I did.
Finally someone agrees with me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci