• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Give People A Second Chance to Apply for Mod if they've been Banned for Hacking.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Reporting hackers doesnt mean you care about the community it just means you want to be a mod.
No, it doesn't. Sure, there may be a few people who use the system like that if a second-chance system is implemented, but having only hacker reports might not justify it.

Consistency of hacker reports. If you make a lot of false reports that are just lag or the person is proven to be innocent, you won't get Mod. They would have to be accurate.
Activity within the community. There are a lot of people who many say should deserve Mod that I know, but they can't because of something that happened a year+ ago.
Also... you brought up age a few posts ago? Really, is that even a valid argument? People grow up and get more mature. There's something called and interview, you know.
In addition, if this was implemented, it would most likely be on a case-by-case standard, where the Senior Staff team comes together and does a little bit of research, and decides if the person is worthy of having their ban overlooked.
Got any more arguments? I'll be more than happy to try and elaborate further.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
There is nothing a hacker can do to prove himself. Part of the punishment for hacking is you cannot be mod. If you should be allowed to be mod does that mean you shouldnt get banned.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
Reporting hackers doesnt mean you care about the community it just means you want to be a mod.
You're so ignorant I swear, I report hackers all the time, because I wanna play my part to try to get rid of many hackers off these servers, there is no chance of me being a mod due to the Moderator Policy, but yet I still report hackers all the time, tell me, why I'm reporting hackers even though I have no chance of becoming a Mod?

Last edited:

Bunns

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes, I would feel terrible ruining others' experiences with a great community. How does feeling terrible make you more fit for mod?
1.) that's not the point
2.) read the thread
3.) When you feel terrible it gives you that motivation to help out.
4.) we Are all human beings, and what if you were falsely accused
5.) I'm dun

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
No, it doesn't. Sure, there may be a few people who use the system like that if a second-chance system is implemented, but having only hacker reports might not justify it.

Consistency of hacker reports. If you make a lot of false reports that are just lag or the person is proven to be innocent, you won't get Mod. They would have to be accurate.
Activity within the community. There are a lot of people who many say should deserve Mod that I know, but they can't because of something that happened a year+ ago.
Also... you brought up age a few posts ago? Really, is that even a valid argument? People grow up and get more mature. There's something called and interview, you know.
In addition, if this was implemented, it would most likely be on a case-by-case standard, where the Senior Staff team comes together and does a little bit of research, and decides if the person is worthy of having their ban overlooked.
Got any more arguments? I'll be more than happy to try and elaborate further.
Just because it was dont a year ago does not mean they didnt do it. Its the same as if they did it yesturday.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
]

You're so ignorant I swear, I report hackers all the time, because I wanna play my part to try to get rid of many hackers off these servers, there is no chance of me being a mod due to the Moderator Policy, but yet I still report hackers all the time, tell me, why I'm reporting hackers even though I have no chance of becoming a Mod?
than why are you making this thread so you can make it so others report hackers to get mod? You even just admitted to no chance of mod so why are you making this thread...?

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
than why are you making this thread so you can make it so others report hackers to get mod? You even just admitted to no chance of mod so why are you making this thread...?
I have no chance of mod currently, that is why I made this thread, to change the policy of becoming a mod.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I have no chance of mod currently, that is why I made this thread, to change the policy of becoming a mod.
I am going to stop because this is pointless and never ending. There is no chance of a rule chance happening any time soon.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
1.) that's not the point
2.) read the thread
3.) When you feel terrible it gives you that motivation to help out.
4.) we Are all human beings, and what if you were falsely accused
5.) I'm dun
1) The point of the thread is getting mod...
2) I read the thread.
3) That makes no sense.
4) 98% of the time the accusations are correct, and if you were falsely accused, talk to a Sr. Staff.
5) <3

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Just because it was dont a year ago does not mean they didnt do it. Its the same as if they did it yesturday.
No, it's really not. For example, I have a friend/ex-clan mate who hacked on dozens of servers back when I first knew him, but I was able to convince him not to hack on MCSG. I eventually influenced him enough that he stopped hacking, period, and now he regrets ever hacking. He is now a prominent staff member on several of those servers that he used to hack on, and is very mature. Also, a lot of people get a lot more mature when they go from age 13-15 or so, and learn the ropes of various etiquette. You're stereotyping and generalizing a whole lot of people, and you're very, very false in doing so. It is actually vastly different, hacking a year ago and hacking yesterday. Another fun example: Half of a year ago, I was just a wannabe forumer who knew some fancy grammar tricks and had decent grammar. Nowadays, I'm a forumer who knows how to express my words and thoughts in a very complex, organized, rational, and even fancy manner if I do so decide.

Perhaps he has a friend who may want to, or even himself if this idea if approved. And yes, it would also help motivate players to report hackers if they want another shot at Moderator.

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
Although I do understand the current policy and respect it, I do think there should be something similar to the Age Exception process. Many capable people in this community cannot apply because of false bans.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
If you didn't already know, Humans change over time, they mature, their perspectives on things change, they grow up.
There is a big difference if they did it yesterday and 1 year ago. 1 year of being reporting hackers actively is different than being banned yesterday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci