• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

get rid of skip

Reaction score
>.< imma explode *Bam* look what you did, you killed the cow..why.. lol yea i see what you mean..shizzz

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Hey, removing skip was my idea! (I'm just joking. :p)

Anyway - removing skip would still allow people to have a say in it and choose, while allowing more variety. I honestly don't see the harm...

There is one thing I have to say, though, since everyone in this thread misses it: Even though the majority wants Breeze Island and SG4 to be picked all the time, doesn't mean they should get it all the time...lemme put this is perspective for you:

You have 3 siblings, and your 3 siblings all have similar interests, while yours are a bit more unique. Every year, your family has a vote on where they should go on vacation over the summer out of 2 options. You're siblings all pick the same one, and you pick the other...every single year it goes this way...your siblings always get what they want because there is more of them, and you never get it. Your 25% of the vote doesn't get you what you want even 25% of the time, actually, you get it 0% of the time. How do those statistics add up?

Those who dislike Breeze and SG4 never get what they want...nearly ever. The percentages just don't make sense. If Breeze and SG4 weren't possible to skip to, they could get a taste of what they want, and the others will still get Breeze and SG4 about 1 third of the time, which is plenty seeing as they've been getting it every time for the last few months. It's the other groups turn to get what they want a bit...

I could go into even farther detail on how this would benefit the group that still enjoys Breeze and SG4 as well, but that'd take too long. >.>

funnybunny

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well, honestly I don't think this idea could work, because like danielbess said, people like it and honestly its not just your opinion that goes, its the hundreds of thousands of people playing with you too (although i dont like breeze that much =/) :)
first there are not hundreds of thousands of people on the servers, i just had to say that.

second i am sure im not the only one who is tired of playing these maps over and over again, what i propose is what i think is the best possible way to have a bigger variety of maps played unless we get rid of the voting system completely which will not work at all.

who killed a cow :eek:

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Can we not agree that a 1 skip maximum is enough? And maybe for the skips, make donor skips count as one (maybe just for the time being). Votes still stay the same.
Autocorrect CAN screw people up a bit, but not that much....
You can always just turn it off. In the Settings.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Can we not agree that a 1 skip maximum is enough? And maybe for the skips, make donor skips count as one (maybe just for the time being). Votes still stay the same.

You can always just turn it off. In the Settings.
IMO, skips aren't needed.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
IMO, skips aren't needed.
I want at least 1 skip because sometimes there are just no maps I have a particular appreciation for, or they are all big maps that I don't have time to play on. Maybe increase the amount of skips needed to 18?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci