• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

get rid of skip

funnybunny

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I want at least 1 skip because sometimes there are just no maps I have a particular appreciation for, or they are all big maps that I don't have time to play on. Maybe increase the amount of skips needed to 18?
the whole point is that every map gets a chance to be played some people might like the maps you dont like and by adding a skip round those maps dont get played.

bargens

Spectator
Reaction score
I am getting board of playing breeze island and survival games 4 over and over again because its all people vote for. and when its not in the que every one skips until they get one of them then they vote for it. so i think by getting rid of skip would allow us to play more of the maps.
Agreed

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
We all realize that those maps are overplayed and they are overplayed because they are the favorites. I do not enjoy playing them over and over again as much as the next guy but they are what the majority want. If you don't want to play it here's my strategy. See what map is closest to beating Sg4 or Breeze Island and vote for that one. Anyways SG5 comes out in a couple days and then you will have a new map to be overplayed :/ . I am sorry but that's just the way it is.

funnybunny

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We all realize that those maps are overplayed and they are overplayed because they are the favorites. I do not enjoy playing them over and over again as much as the next guy but they are what the majority want. If you don't want to play it here's my strategy. See what map is closest to beating Sg4 or Breeze Island and vote for that one. Anyways SG5 comes out in a couple days and then you will have a new map to be overplayed :/ . I am sorry but that's just the way it is.
all of that makes sense but by getting rid of skip those maps will still be played alot. plus other maps will too. by getting rid of skip the people who enjoy playing them would still be able to play them and people like me will also get a bigger variety of maps to play.

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
all of that makes sense but by getting rid of skip those maps will still be played a lot. plus other maps will too. by getting rid of skip the people who enjoy playing them would still be able to play them and people like me will also get a bigger variety of maps to play.
We have made so many changes to the voting system. In the past you used to not get the option to vote and you were stuck with the slim chance of the map you want to play getting picked.

(however, there wasn't a slim chance because we added voting after sg3 came out and there were only two maps before that.)

Next we decided that we would give players to get the chance to choose which map they wanted to play. We encountered a problem there because every map would show up on the voting system and Breeze Island was chosen every time.

After getting complaints about that we decided that we would add the option of choosing only one of four maps that are randomly picked to play. If half of the players did not want to play any of those maps then they can skip and it will randomly select another four maps.

I guess what I am trying to say is that no matter what we do not everyone will be happy. I am sorry if this is not the idea you have in mind but the majority of players are quite supportive of this idea. My stance on this is pretty neutral because I am honestly just playing for fun and to keep these servers clean of hackers, spammers, and unfriendly players. Sure it gets boring after a while of playing the same maps over and over again but once more maps are added the chances of Breeze Island or sg4 showing up as one of the four options would become less and less likely.

funnybunny

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
actually i think it would work very well if four random maps appear in the que and then the community votes for one map out of those four to play, instead of skipping over the maps till they get breeze or sg 4 because lets face it thts what they do and people, like me only get to play two maps instead of the many other maps that people spend hours making and rhen not even being able to play on them.

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
It's ultimately Chad's decision, the mods and the general population of the servers just have some influence over the decision.
how many do there need to be to change a rule.
Yeah, I am just a mod. Zeno is right that it is Chad's decision but I know that as for the voting system it has come from what the majority want.

funnybunny

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
but that is just the majority not the rest of us. and right now i think the only way to make it fair is to remove skip or make the server like skitscapes where you choose the arena you want and then wait half an hour to play.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci