• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fishing Rods

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
Personally, I see the fishing rods as a good way to defend yourself against someone who has say a diamond sword versus your simple little wooden sword. It would knock them back, and eventually they may leave. If they don't, at least you get some extra time to try and find more chests/items.
I'd vote that it stays the same.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You know on Breeze island how there is water around the corn? Yeah... Think about it.
Easy, if you're overpowered. (like you should be if you're winning a game) you'll obviously have arrows, shoot them in the water! (Don't complain about specs, just move a little). Or, just jump into the middle and jump at then when they're in the water. ;p

omega_moon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Easy, if you're overpowered. (like you should be if you're winning a game) you'll obviously have arrows, shoot them in the water! (Don't complain about specs, just move a little). Or, just jump into the middle and jump at then when they're in the water. ;p
Please, try it, you make it seem much easier than it really is.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But if you lower the durability, you'll ruin it for the people who actually use the fishing rod for ... fishing.

omega_moon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But if you lower the durability, you'll ruin it for the people who actually use the fishing rod for ... fishing.
Well, yes, but

1. Who does that anyways?
2. You would be able to get as many fish a swings, so say if it were 10 swings then you could get 10 fish which would fill you right up!

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Please, try it, you make it seem much easier than it really is.
Would I be recommending something to you if I haven't tried it beforehand? Honestly dodging fishing rods isn't that hard.

omega_moon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Would I be recommending something to you if I haven't tried it beforehand? Honestly dodging fishing rods isn't that hard.
Try to put it into perspective though. You jumped into the water and have gotten a hit of of the guy knocking him back a bit. He turns around, you are so close to hitting him, and he can easily hit you because there is no chance you could dodge it. Then he has enough time to run around and regen before you get the next hit off of him. Can't win and arrows won't help enough to kill the guy.

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
In my opinion, since there is sticks and string available in chests, just get rid of fishing rods altogether and make it so they can only be obtainable through crafting. This would make them less common and benefit the people who are intelligent.

Hege

Spectator
Reaction score
In my opinion, since there is sticks and string available in chests, just get rid of fishing rods altogether and make it so they can only be obtainable through crafting. This would make them less common and benefit the people who are intelligent.
That is actually a very good idea!

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
But then you don't get the feel of going through a chest and whipping the fishing rod out at your enemy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci