• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fishing Rods

omega_moon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So i know how all of us hate when people run into the water with a fishing rod and you can never kill them. It is so annoying how long it takes for the fishing rod to break, and they might have another one. So my suggestion would be to change fishing rod's durability to what flint and steel's durability is. I think this would really help with people complaining about fishing rods.

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
Well i kinda do like fishing rods, so i vote to keep it that way. It saves lives my friend.

Jetscat1

Survivor
Reaction score
I like fishing rods, it adds onto the ability too get Away/Move/Travel a lot more quickly and efficiently, it's also great for Defense.

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you have a bow, you can kill them easily. Fishing rods can help you like if a team tries to kill you in water, knock back one and kill the other one.

omega_moon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes, i kind of agree with you, but i don't.
I am not saying to take out fishing rods, just putting a cap on their amount of use to say, 10 hits?
I only brought this up because just lost a second game on breeze island DM because the person would just run around with fishing rods hitting me back as they jump into the water. With the durability currently on a fishing rod one fishing rod took 5 minutes (death match ended) to break. And i had a lot of arrows, but in my cases if they had good armor hitting them with 7-10 arrows in a row without some spectator getting obnoxious is a real challenge.

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
Fishing rods are apart of the games. So noobs will be noobs ;) and fishing rods will keep on fishing.

omega_moon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well then by that logic the flint and steel should last for as long as it normally does...

Neodude

Experienced
Reaction score
Well then by that logic the flint and steel should last for as long as it normally does...
But there is a definitive difference between flint and steel and fishing rods. You can kill people with a flint and steel by just clicking the ground. To get a kill with a fishing rod requires neigh on impossible circumstantial odds.

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like fishing rods....Without them it wouldn't be survival games...

*Dramatic / Sad Music*

omega_moon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So no one thinks the durability of the fishing rod should be less?

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
If you use a fishing rod to push someone away, it actually takes away alot of damage after a while, but it should be reduced a little bit and flint and steel should be increased a tiny bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci