• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fishing Rods

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Real pros eat nothing but rotten flesh.
I must suck more than I thought. D:

Back on topic: Two new things I want to say about this topic:
I'm using the fishing rod more and more now, I'm starting to practice using it offensively (working out so far, but I can still improve quiet a bit.) and I can say now that I'm using all of it's durability now and still wanting more, so I'm needing to pull out a new one mid fight.
As well, I've discovered a way recently to use a fishing rod without using any durability (won't say how, but it's simple really.) and while it's not easy to pull off in land battles, using it to get away in water is easy and allows for infinite uses.

To help with the first problem, I propose that fishing rods durability is not changed, however; fishing rods should spawn in chests mostly used. I cannot be bothered to carry a million of them on me for one fight, or pull them out mid fight, so if they spawned with little durability, then at least those with only one or two fishing rods still get their limited uses, while people like me can combine them for one, long term fishing rod for a big land fight.
As for the second problem, it's as I said - it's unreliable for land fights like I use them in, since that extra step mid fight is going to throw you off. In water fights, though, they can still easily be used to get away...honestly, lowering the durability for this problem alone wouldn't solve anything now that I've learned of this bug. :/

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
Well yesterday I was bored so I was kinda trolling but not really. My chest routes were the crapiest no holding one single weapon, except fishing rods (if you would account that for a weapon I'm joy sure) and it was Breeze Island so what I did knocked every single I person I saw on a tree on the main island resulting in them dying from fall damage, this is actually really good way to get weapons when you don't have any in the first place. This ended up getting me an iron sword!

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Nah they aren't beating me, i never die to them, they just run out the DM time and cost me the win.
Just type something like "I will report you for ruining the game for others" and he will probably stop running.

Works all the time... :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci