• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Don't shut down the AS Community!

Should AS Servers reduce from 12 servers to 4-5 servers?

• Yes!

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Upperbyte

Diamond
Reaction score
Amount of donors in AS servers on a casual game with 5 players and 10 spectators. :)

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
Amount of donors in AS servers on a casual game with 5 players and 10 spectators. :)

Your arguments are quite invalid tbh, re read what Kytria has said. It states perfectly that even if there are donors, it just isn't enough for the sufficient funds needed to host AS servers. I've also seen many AS players play on US because of not enough people online. I could even quote what Zekrom_Ares told me, he said practically said the previous evidence.

I know were you're coming from, but it really isn't enough to keep it up.

Upperbyte

Diamond
Reaction score
Your arguments are quite invalid tbh, re read what Kytria has said. It states perfectly that even if there are donors, it just isn't enough for the sufficient funds needed to host AS servers. I've also seen many AS players play on US because of not enough people online. I could even quote what Zekrom_Ares told me, he said practically said the previous evidence.

I know were you're coming from, but it really isn't enough to keep it up.
I said we can suggest reducing the AS servers to reduce server cost. As for AS players playing on US because of not enough people online, it's mostly during the day and noon. It is the time whereby the AS servers are almost empty.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Honestly, I agree the server ammount sohuld be reduced and not just remove all the AS section... but I think saying that they are shuting down a community is overly dramatic, the community is the MCSG community, it is not divided depending on each place you live. If they do shut down the entire AS divison of the servers, the only thing that will happen is that those from that part of the world will have go and play on another section, yes where they will get more lag, but it wount be anything new, it'll be just like it was before the AS division was added (take this from someone who will be never getting a divison for where he lives).

I do think, as I said before, that they shouldnt completely shut it down, but instead reduce the ammount of servers, but that doesnt mean that if it happens a commnunity will get shut down too, that is a bit overly dramatic.

Canaan

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly, I agree the server ammount sohuld be reduced and not just remove all the AS section... but I think saying that they are shuting down a community is overly dramatic, the community is the MCSG community, it is not divided depending on each place you live. If they do shut down the entire AS divison of the servers, the only thing that will happen is that those from that part of the world will have go and play on another section, yes where they will get more lag, but it wount be anything new, it'll be just like it was before the AS division was added (take this from someone who will be never getting a divison for where he lives).

I do think, as I said before, that they shouldnt completely shut it down, but instead reduce the ammount of servers, but that doesnt mean that if it happens a commnunity will get shut down too, that is a bit overly dramatic.
What this guy said.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
reducing the server amount will not fix anything as we do not buy servers the way you think as in when you go to somewhere like cubed host and buy 12 servers from them the way be do it is to buy a "Box" as in we get one big server with like 30-60 GB of ram and put 12 smaller servers on them for instance on EU US and AU 25 servers =1 server so if we were to put 5 servers in AS it will cost the same as puting 12 that is y we would have to remove them all if the cost out weigh the benifits and in all fairness you could just play on AU as the servers use for AS are the old AU ones so if they used to connect to there you could connect to AU #TheFacts

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As Dave said, the servers are like a webbed-flowchart. They buy central servers and base a group of servers off of that one. Reducing the amount of servers won't help since they'd all be based off of the one main central server anyways.

And your point about AS servers bringing in money has little or no argument in it. These donors could play on AU or other locations if AS was shutdown, but the amount of donors and income compared to the cost of the servers is riding a very thin line. If AS becomes a money leak, a medium-large amount of money for very little income and very little reason (as there are not enough players to offer an advantage to keeping them).

The change won't happen right away, so if the AS community is able to prove itself behind the after you stated they're gone are dealt with, the Optifine and sound glitches, it appears there may not be any removal of your server group. Though right now they're a flat tire on MCSG's tourbus.

Canaan

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As Dave said, the servers are like a webbed-flowchart. They buy central servers and base a group of servers off of that one. Reducing the amount of servers won't help since they'd all be based off of the one main central server anyways.

And your point about AS servers bringing in money has little or no argument in it. These donors could play on AU or other locations if AS was shutdown, but the amount of donors and income compared to the cost of the servers is riding a very thin line. If AS becomes a money leak, a medium-large amount of money for very little income and very little reason (as there are not enough players to offer an advantage to keeping them).

The change won't happen right away, so if the AS community is able to prove itself behind the after you stated they're gone are dealt with, the Optifine and sound glitches, it appears there may not be any removal of your server group. Though right now they're a flat tire on MCSG's tourbus.
Connection Problems for some people.

H0lyReaper

Experienced
Reaction score
reducing the server amount will not fix anything as we do not buy servers the way you think as in when you go to somewhere like cubed host and buy 12 servers from them the way be do it is to buy a "Box" as in we get one big server with like 30-60 GB of ram and put 12 smaller servers on them for instance on EU US and AU 25 servers =1 server so if we were to put 5 servers in AS it will cost the same as puting 12 that is y we would have to remove them all if the cost out weigh the benifits and in all fairness you could just play on AU as the servers use for AS are the old AU ones so if they used to connect to there you could connect to AU #TheFacts

I see, thanks guys. Anyways, can you please lock this thread? Since Chad did say in his livetstream that he is not going to shut it down anymore. Thanks, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci