• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Don't shut down the AS Community!

Should AS Servers reduce from 12 servers to 4-5 servers?

• Yes!

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

H0lyReaper

Experienced
Reaction score
Hello MCSG Community, i'm Legit_Proph3t and iplay on the AS Servers. I recently heard that they are shutting down the AS Servers? Well, here's my reason why you shouldn't.
AS Servers contain one of the best players, i have been on US and other servers, they were much easier than AS. AS may have a small community, but we bond together, rivals between clans and other exciting stuff. Lets ignore that for now. Think about what the AS players would do if AS servers were gone, play US or AU? It will be a lot harder for them to adapt to the lag as they get super good Connection on AS. Their W/L ratio will drop. My suggestion is, give AS Servers 4-5 Servers, this way, the Devs can save a lot of money and have less trouble to worry about.
Please! Don't shut it down!

Upperbyte's wise words
Since when the admins and developers say that they were shutting down the AS community. But if they were, here are a few reasons as to why they should not shut down the AS community.

1) Donors in the AS servers
    • There are 12 AS servers and they are expensive to host. But there are plenty of AS players buying donors. When you go to AS servers, you may sometimes see a few donors. The donors are also contributing to the cost of the AS servers.
2) Fun players and more

• We sure have fun in the AS servers. We team at times, laugh and more. The AS community are friendly and fun. Though there are big teams going on in the AS servers as of now, we still somewhat enjoy the big fights and more.
3) Connection to other regions
    • Almost of all AS players recieve 2 to 3 connection bars to other regions. This would make it hard for us to play there. Most of us got 5 bars in AS and we are already used to the AS connection.
Upperbyte's suggestion
Next point is about the huge teams. I know is irritating and annoying. I once played solo in there and team of 4 or 5 killed me. I remembered last time in the AS community during when it was 1.6.4, there weren't so many big teams. But now... :(
In my opinion, it's probably 1.7 that are bringing the AS community down. Some AS players require Optifine to play MCSG properly (like me) and without it, will be hard to play. As for the hackers in 1.6.4, you still can record them of abusing hacks.

Last edited:

Upperbyte

Diamond
Reaction score
Since when the admins and developers say that they were shutting down the AS community. But if they were, here are a few reasons as to why they should not shut down the AS community.

• There are 12 AS servers and they are expensive to host. But there are plenty of AS players buying donors. When you go to AS servers, you may sometimes see a few donors. The donors are also contributing to the cost of the AS servers.
2) Fun players and more
  • We sure have fun in the AS servers. We team at times, laugh and more. The AS community are friendly and fun. Though there are big teams going on in the AS servers as of now, we still somewhat enjoy the big fights and more.
  • Almost of all AS players recieve 2 to 3 connection bars to other regions. This would make it hard for us to play there. Most of us got 5 bars in AS and we are already used to the AS connection.
This is just my opinion, not wanting to start a flame war.

Binct

Career
Reaction score
Shutting AS down is equal to removing a part of the community that loves mcsg as much as any other players! I'm saying this and I have not once played on the AS servers.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Never heard of this being suggested, but I doubt MCSG would ever shut down a community; it's just not like them.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Were have you seen that the AS community will be shut down?

leemichael19

Survivor
Reaction score
Probably the reasons are because of big teams, Minecraft 1.7.2, not much active AS players but still the community cannot be shut down.
The only reason why there is so much inactive as players currently is because 1.7.2 has no optifine, and we want AS servers to be compatible with 1.6.4 too.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Facts are facts.. if the community is so small that if the downsides outweigh the upsides.. then it needs to be shut down. There really is no reason whatsoever to keep servers that are that expensive.. and never played.

I know that the few AS players that are there.. will be upset.. but if it needs done.. it needs done. As far as "AS" being more competitive than "US".. I've played both.. and I can honestly say that US is WAAAAY more competitive if you play on the lower servers.. obviously if ur playing on like.. us200.. not gonna be too many good players. AS is just full of huge teams.. really annoying to play to be honest.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

2) Fun players and more
This is just my opinion, not wanting to start a flame war.
Them reasons are quite convincing, but the community just isn't big enough.

I just hope they won't and never will.
In Chad's most recent livestream that they might shut it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci