• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SergioFire

Platinum
Reaction score
A better idea honestly would be 1 free optional stats reset for everybody
i voted NO, but that doesnt make sense, cuz the global stats is 4 people who want to reach the #1 and if some people dont reset their stats it would be imposible xD
BUT VOTE NO PLSS

Omkar360

Tribute
Reaction score
I would love a stat reset, I would start playing MCSG again if there was.

Frazzel

Experienced
Reaction score
To Col_StaR ... Are you out of your mind?

So, anyone else noticed that the majority of the yes voters are players that barely even played mcsg and have extremely bad stats?

I agree 100% with what Mr_Gears wrote. this is bs!

You can't seriously reset stats. People have played this server for years trying to get thier stats good, its not their fault that new players wanna join, and how cares we don't daily and weekly leaderboards... If you tried hard enough you could easily get to have is so that the current stats update. HIVE DID IT.

All the top players, have had to get their stats. Whether they started from day one or not. Examples of this would be people such as joethepro15 and bcfcAnt , they both started when the top players had over 2000 wins. Joethepro15 now has 3600 wins and is rank 4. bcfcant has 2500ish wins and is rank 20... THEY BOTH DID IT.

As I said the start all the yes voters are people with bad stats. People Who don't donate and frankly couldn't give to backsides about the people have spent their years watching MCSG AS WE KNOW NOW develop.

The Top Page on MCSG are frankly idols that work to show of our server. e.g. Huahwi and Gravey4rd and you're saying you are gonna reset stats to give bad players who cant even bother to buy a stat reset, let alone donor. This WILL Cause huge problems MCSG WITHIN YOUR OWN COMMUNITY. ITS THE OLD PLAYERS, THE PEOPLE WHO PLAY ALOT, AND THE DONATORS WHICH ARE MCSG, NOT THE NEW PEOPLE THAT COULDN'T GIVE A DONKEYS BACKSIDE.

....mcsg lets not make ANOTHER bad decision, please. Listen to the people that actually care..

DO NOT RUSH YOUR SELVES INTO A DECISION MCSG, YOU WILL LOSE THE REAL MCSG IF STATS ARE RESET!

Last edited:

ExoticRealm

Platinum
Reaction score
To Col_StaR ... Are you out of your mind?

Hey, anyone else noticed that the majority of the yes voters are players that barely even played mcsg and have extremely bad stats?

I agree 100% with what Mr_Gears wrote. this is bs. You can't seriously reset stats, all the top players, this will led to 99.9% chance of leaving and these people are MCSG idols that work to show of our server., and you're saying you are gonna reset stats to give bad players (cmon lets be honest) a chance to do what they can do now ? ( which they won't BTW)... if they tried hard enough... Cmon Take joethepro15 for example , he has played for like a year now and joined when Gravey4rd had about 2k wins, now I look at him a year later a none to rank 4... mcsg lets not make ANOTHER bad decision, please. Listen to the people that actually care..

On phone I'll fix typos tommorow
PREACH IT!!!! 100% AGREE WITH YOU!!!

jairo8925

Gold
Reaction score
A handful of reasons why you should not reset leaderboards: 1. Hackers will dominate and the game won't be fair. 2. People who worked hard about their stats will quit including me. 3. Goodbye Gravey4rd and huahwi. 4. My pizza didn't come with cheese. 5. I will murder whoever thought about this. 6. My pizza actually came with cheese ( I lied ). 7. I dunno why I use numbers...... On a serious note, let's just say goodbye mcsg and to the people who worked hard for their stats. I guarantee they will stop playing mc-sg. THE END

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Also, be sure to vote in our in-game poll as well! The results of both polls will be used in the final verdict.
Please take this seriously. It happened before with the chest update, and it doesn't need to happen again. A week with it wasn't going to be enough to persuade so many people, nobody likes change right away. It was a decision the community as a whole didn't deserve to make.
Don't get me wrong, it's super awesome the community has such a say in so much, but the numbers mean nothing if the reasons or intentions of these numbers is misguided or misunderstood.
I'm not saying there wasn't good arguments against that chest update - I'm not saying anything about my opinion on this leaderboard reset now at all - I just find it frustrating that the whole community has been left to make these major decisions instead of people who actually know what they're talking about. Taking away leaderboard statistics is something most people don't fully even understand the impact of, especially younger players in-game who haven't read this forum topic or really thought about it beyond "it's unfair to old players"/"it's beneficial to me." It's in my honest opinion that many people don't even understand how much better they may feel being memorialized, instead of constantly fighting the incoming wave of wins by others just to keep up. Equally so, I believe many who want the reset and are voting all for it may blindly be doing so with this thought that they could become the next number one player, when obviously, they can't all be that.

I'm not stating whether or not I'm for or against the reset. All I'm saying is to take poll results, in terms of the verdict, with a grain of salt. There are so many other factors, such as votes to support a youtuber, or votes without any actual thought other than personal gain, etc... Look at the arguments proposed over anything else. You cannot expect much of the younger playerbase to have arguments of equal quality on a subject such as psychology as an adult, let alone potentially an actual psychologist. Similarly, a game community cannot be expected to make intelligent balance decisions unless they are within a competitive side of the community (which is still questionable at times.) or a game designer themselves. There is a reason other games ignore the extreme backlash after a nerf to a popular weapon. It's not because they are wrong and refuse to admit it, it's because most people don't know what the heck they're talking about. The reality is that nobody will care in a month and it was to the benefit of the game in the long term.

A poll will not always reflect how people will actually feel about it in the long run. A poll represents the opinions of everyone right now. A well formulated argument or response represents the thoughts of someone informed.

When it all comes down to it, I always think about it quite simply. Would anyone still hold any grudges about the new chest system if it happened? Unless it was atrocious, I honestly believe many would have forgotten a long time ago. And the fuss wouldn't have been unnecessary. There would have been an improved system that ultimately leaves many less frustrated over small quirks in our current system, frustrations they never realized existed. It could breath life into chest routes and the game as a whole. And the reality is that when people voted on that poll, they never took into consideration all the small annoyances or problems with our current system, because they don't stand out enough to them. This does not mean they don't matter.

Finally, just to make this clear - This does not mean that I believe looking at only forum responses and tallying them is better. The key is picking out the arguments/responses that are of quality, and not of bias/etc. Decisions about the evolution of the servers and their features should not be based on a tally system, what really matters is "what is the stronger argument," or rather, "what are the upsides and downsides we can afford to take." There is nothing wrong with including community thoughts in your argument. However, community thoughts should never be a decider or tie breaker on their own. It's never a simple "more than 50% votes = +1 point for red team." The argument should always consider the reasoning behind these votes.

byRick

Platinum
Reaction score
A stat reset is completely unnecessary . Many people in our community have worked extremely hard on perfecting their stats and reaching the place they are currently in. Take Gravey4rd for example. He has been with this community ever since it has started, and he has gained respect for his current place. There is no doubt in my mind that MCSG will lose nearly all of their skilled players and the servers will be filled with hackers and tryhards. Hackers will ruin the community by taking advantage of this reset. Quite frankly I agree with many of the posts above stating that the only people voting yes are the ones who are 'not good' at the game and have horrible stats. There is no doubt in my mind that MCSG is the most popular game on the MCGamer Network. After this reset that just might change and many people will leave. I hope you listen to more than just those who don't have what it takes to win a game.

J_Kim000

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that we don't need stat resets. Sure, a lot of people quit (Huahwi, TOXICWASTEII, etc.) but that does not mean that everyone else does. Most people value their stats and want to improve it. That is the reason why most people decide to buy alt accounts. And if they like their IGNs, then they could buy a stat reset. I personally think every IP or account should get 1 stat reset and they can buy another one if they would like to. People have played and became addicted not just to Minecraft, but to MCSG and MCGamer. I have been playing for quite a while on both of my accounts that I own. And it took quite a lot of effort to get all those wins (But with a bad ratio). I know this can be debatable but seriously, if this ever happens, I have a feeling quite a lot of people will quit. (Just a prediction)

J_Kim000.png

SoloSh0ck

Tribute
Reaction score
Honestly I recognize the fact that that you all want the leaderboards to change, but I say NO to this because even though the old leaderboards will be saved, you wont be able to see those EXACT stats when you /stat some player that MAY or MAY not look like a good pvper when they join the lobby. Unless they implement a new /oldstat or something...

iBeaturscore

Platinum
Reaction score
I completely agree with Rick. Players who strive for a godly ratio, can purchase a stat reset. Players with crap-loads of wins should continue to play for wins and tryhard. I've wanted to have 1k wins for my whole mcsg lifetime! I've been here for like a year, it's a great server, but something like this could make a lot of skilled players *Including myself even* to leave. I'm strongly against the stat reset. Perhaps a weekly leader board eg. Wins/Kills/Points idek. But as long as my hard work; dealing with yo dam hackers, and the bad/unhelpful mods, and overall bad community isn't erased by one click by Chad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci