• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
I just joined the community 3 months ago, so i will NEVER get to the top unless they reset the leaderboards.
This isn't true. The only reason why you aren't as high as the players up there currently is because you haven't played nearly as long as they have. People have given examples of people that played for only a year and are at the top of the boards (I think spellcaster, Huahwi, and joethepro were the examples given earlier). If you gave that same effort and dedication that they gave for the same amount of time, you would be up there with them.

kthin

Survivor
Reaction score
Maybe in 2015 they could make a new and separate leaderboards starting on 1/1/15 and call it "2015 leaderboards." They would still keep the All-Time leaderboards and have your stats count towards that still. This would provide a fresh start and recognition for other players with less wins, but also give credit to the All-Time best players and allow them to work on their all-time stats as well. Does that make sense? XD

ALL1DO1SW1N

District 13
Reaction score
Even though there would be a legacy leaderboard I wouldn't want a new leaderboards just because I feel like it would be just a remembrance and unofficial leaderboards kind of feel. So in a way as me being in the top 175 I don't like the idea just because most people have worked there way up the leaderboards, and most have been in the community for 2 years, I honestly believe they deserve that rank on the leaderboards because 2 years is crazy long.

New players should honestly work their way up the leaderboards. Whether to get known in the community or not isn't over a leaderboard rank. It's possible to get up in the top 500 considering that the players who want the new leaderboards have at least a couple hundred so of wins. I get that also it may seem really unfair, but what exactly to what Mr_Gears had said before. There are a lot of players agreeing to this poll because of Youtuber's who agree to this idea and that so there own fans can support the idea.

The idea of the "Legacy Leaderboard" is pretty much an excuse to try to get the old players and the top 200 to agree with the idea, and personally I think some people, they would even take offense of the legacy leaderboards. The "Legacy Leaderboards" is just a stupid idea and honestly the whole suggestion for a whole new leaderboard is stupid in my own eyes. Lastly, I would like to say I think many players would quit. It's like gaining something special and something to be proud of in the community of MCSG and then it's just gone in an instant.

Thanks for reading - AndyFlips

Last edited:
E

Ephiza

Even though there would be a legacy leaderboard I wouldn't want a new leaderboards just because I feel like it would be just a remembrance and unofficial leaderboards kind of feel. So in a way as me being in the top 175 I don't like the idea just because most people have worked there way up the leaderboards, and most have been in the community for 2 years, I honestly believe they deserve that rank on the leaderboards because 2 years is crazy long.

New players should honestly work their way up the leaderboards. Whether to get known in the community or not isn't over a leaderboard rank. It's possible to get up in the top 500 considering that the players who want the new leaderboards have at least a couple hundred so of wins. I get that also it may seem really unfair, but what exactly to what Mr_Gears had said before. There are a lot of players agreeing to this poll because of Youtuber's who agree to this idea and that so there own fans can support the idea.

The idea of the "Legacy Leaderboard" is pretty much an excuse to try to get the old players and the top 200 to agree with the idea, and personally I think some people, they would even take offense of the legacy leaderboards. The "Legacy Leaderboards" is just a stupid idea and honestly the whole suggestion for a whole new leaderboard is stupid in my own eyes. Lastly, I would like to say I think many players would quit. It's like gaining something special and something to be proud of in community of MCSG and then it just is gone in an instant.

Thanks for reading - AndyFlips

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
With every day that goes by, it becomes harder and further for new players to get to the top of the leaderboards. This is something that will never change. If we do this 1 reset, give it a year or so and people will want another reset and be complaining about the same things.

Thats why I asked if it were possible to keep the old leaderboards updating, but also have a seperate leaderboards where everyone starts at 0.
Yep, it does take longer for new players to get to the top - that's why it'll barely mean anything on a reset leaderboard. Regardless, you know Gravey4rd, darkrai, etc. aren't going to play forever. People lose interest and others take their spots. Unless they don't ever end up losing interest, which I highly doubt, people will eventually make it w/ enough time and effort. It's not meant to be easy - getting #1, #2 or somewhere in the top 10 should mean something good, not that you've grinded non-stop for a few days, weeks or months.

TehBest

Spectator
Reaction score
I voted yes because these top 50 people have played Thousands of more games than the average mcsg player.

Devblock

Survivor
Reaction score
To be honest, keeping the statistics separate won't do anything - how do you think the players near the top of the leaderboard feel about being at the top? Now compare these current feelings to if they shipped their statistics out to some dusty box in some complex database, "Oh, I'm just a has-been."

The leaderboard reset would definitely demotivate many, many players from playing, as is evidenced by this thread. They worked hard for these statistics, and putting them on a different database really wouldn't do anything to solve the problem. If this idea were to go through, you could honestly save yourself the trouble of migrating the statistics, because I see it as a waste of time.

Checking in on the note of "It will give new players a chance to get to the top!", that's just a futile argument. With how competitive this game has become (for better or worse, you decide), it shouldn't be that easy to get near the top of the leaderboards. Heck, if the new leaderboards were established, just think of the growing number of hackers, boosters, and players who play all day. While the last note is irrelevant in this argument, the first two are simply anti-competitive and downgrade the general feel of the game.

I'm aware this has been said so many times, but why not daily / monthly leaderboards? This would, in my mind, solve pretty much all the concerns people have about the general idea of statistic resets. Keep the (old) leaderboards where they are; don't even change that, for the sake of the betterment of the community. However, add two new leaderboards; daily and monthly leaderboards, perhaps regional ones, too. That way, if players want to push for the top, they can. In my mind, this proposal benefits all parties; veteran players and newer players. However, a wide statistics reset does not solve any problems, but rather implicates our situation even more.

E

Ephiza

To be honest, keeping the statistics separate won't do anything - how do you think the players near the top of the leaderboard feel about being at the top? Now compare these current feelings to if they shipped their statistics out to some dusty box in some complex database, "Oh, I'm just a has-been."

The leaderboard reset would definitely demotivate many, many players from playing, as is evidenced by this thread. They worked hard for these statistics, and putting them on a different database really wouldn't do anything to solve the problem. If this idea were to go through, you could honestly save yourself the trouble of migrating the statistics, because I see it as a waste of time.

Checking in on the note of "It will give new players a chance to get to the top!", that's just a futile argument. With how competitive this game has become (for better or worse, you decide), it shouldn't be that easy to get near the top of the leaderboards. Heck, if the new leaderboards were established, just think of the growing number of hackers, boosters, and players who play all day. While the last note is irrelevant in this argument, the first two are simply anti-competitive and downgrade the general feel of the game.

I'm aware this has been said so many times, but why not daily / monthly leaderboards? This would, in my mind, solve pretty much all the concerns people have about the general idea of statistic resets. Keep the (old) leaderboards where they are; don't even change that, for the sake of the betterment of the community. However, add two new leaderboards; daily and monthly leaderboards, perhaps regional ones, too. That way, if players want to push for the top, they can. In my mind, this proposal benefits all parties; veteran players and newer players. However, a wide statistics reset does not solve any problems, but rather implicates our situation even more.
There used to be regional leaderboards actually -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci