• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Chests not being filled

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, im fine either way, but by 2 corns, I meant that it would be like having 2 corns because it would be restocked. Even so, I still think that the bug needs to be fixed.
You mean to say that there would be 2 corns because the outer chests are restocked? Those always have bad items like leather armour and iron ingots and stone swords/axes and stuff like that. It will never be as powerful as the cornucopia, and it will be mainly those items and some food that keep repetitively respawning. It isn't an advantage to have to go for the normal chests, it's more of a disadvantage.
Of course the bug needs to be fixed :) That's the point of this thread and I agree having experienced this bug. It was a game changing problem :p

GhostWolf2

Spectator
Reaction score
Nope, I tested that (yeah, I really did), it's always the same group of chests on the 24 ppl servers.
I have noticed this and am glad there is a thread about it (I would post in the bug tracker section, but I hate having to setup extra accounts for that).

The random chances for chests to be empty are fine, IMHO. The pink house chests do have stuff in them most of the time.

Since no one is being specific about which chests are not filling (and thus not helping the devs fix the problem) here is a short list of chests that don't EVER get filled. Do note that these are chests are ones that I have tested on the servers, as they were part of my route at one time or another. They were empty when I was first to them and again after refill. I also only included ones that were this way for at LEAST 3 games where I am certain I was the first one to the chests after spawn and after refill. So, this list can be taken with some confidence.

Chest 1) Clock tower on map 2 - midway up the tower behind the leaves inside the staircase
Chest 2) Clock tower on map 2 - top of the staircase
Chest 3) Against the glass on map 2 near the vault/capitol building/bank (NE corner of the map) - between the two bluffs against the east glass walls, set into the ground
Chest 4) Nearby chest 3 on map 2 - a bit to the south of chest 3, set into the ground near a tree in the forest

Anyone have any others that are consistently and fairly confidently ALWAYS empty?

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
It was stated that the pink house has not been refilling, and I have experienced this myself. So add all the chests in pink house, including up stairs :)

I don't know about any chests on the first map being affected by this bug.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I know I reported this to the bug tracker but they completely ignore it.. They read it but didnt change anything. I posted it like a few weeks ago on the bug tracker.

GhostWolf2

Spectator
Reaction score
It was stated that the pink house has not been refilling, and I have experienced this myself. So add all the chests in pink house, including up stairs :)

I don't know about any chests on the first map being affected by this bug.
Well they usually ARE filled. That was the random chance of them being empty, or a server-wide chest hiccup where none were filled anywhere (which is a entirely different bug case). That isn't really an issue.

The ones I listed seem to be left out of the coding COMPLETELY for the filling and refilling event (I assume there is just a chest coordinates list or something similar that the server uses to pick from when refilling - and then refills in some 90-95% of those on the list selected randomly - and those chests are just not on the list AT ALL).

As you mentioned map 1 doesn't have this issue, and I believe that is due to all the chests being on this list. Map 2 probably had just a quick copy/paste error, leaning on the backspace button, something like that happen to remove them from the list. There are a TON more chests on map 2, so missing a couple while coding is probably going to happen.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. If the chests in the pink house continue being empty, I will tell you here. If not, then I will agree with you.

Hyrulekid

Survivor
Reaction score
Anyone have any others that are consistently and fairly confidently ALWAYS empty?
Every chest in the nuclear power thing, the car right in front of it, the chest on the tree there. Those 6 chests are also empty everytime I play

GhostWolf2

Spectator
Reaction score
Every chest in the nuclear power thing, the car right in front of it, the chest on the tree there. Those 6 chests are also empty everytime I play
Those have stuff in them all the time. People just hit them regularly (it was one of my old routes).

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Those have stuff in them all the time. People just hit them regularly (it was one of my old routes).
Try getting the chests right when the refill happens, that's how you know if they are always empty. Check during multiple games just to be sure.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
I know I reported this to the bug tracker but they completely ignore it.. They read it but didnt change anything. I posted it like a few weeks ago on the bug tracker.
They are busy with other issues.
This one doesn't have the highest priority.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
They are busy with other issues.
This one doesn't have the highest priority.
Actually it does because isnt the game about getting chest and pvping??? Also its not much work because in de us servers they do refill so they only have to copy the chest filling class from the us servers to the eu servers. Thats like 10 minut work.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Actually it does because isnt the game about getting chest and pvping??? Also its not much work because in de us servers they do refill so they only have to copy the chest filling class from the us servers to the eu servers. Thats like 10 minut work.
The problem is that they must take down the servers for that and that costs more than 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci