• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Change the Voting System back.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
lol like i've stated in the past, this voting system would be fine if it just worked properly. I would be ok with SOMETIMES playing maps that don't get voted for too often, but it seems like this voting system.. the map with the 2nd most votes, wins majority of the time. 95% to 5% should be an obvious win for 95% map.. but far too often it doesn't.\

Besides, it's not like only 2-3 maps get voted anymore like when it was breeze, solar frost and sg4 only being voted. Now tons of maps get played. Breeze, demons, sg4, valleyside, holiday, icarus, lobby games and even japan it seems gets played a lot now.

Cordoroymc

Diamond
Reaction score
That's a bad argument to use against my reasoning.

That was the point of the system, so that underplayed maps could finally see the light of day again. So that old time maps that new players refuse to play because it's simply too "hard" or "time-consuming" to learn how to play, could see the light of day again. Overall, read what you replied to me with again. Because it sounds to me that the new players are too lazy to learn the underplayed maps, as we ALL have to do when new maps are released.

That's just silly.
Im not saying I dont like the underplayed maps. Im just saying thats why other people dont. Also, Sg1 and sg2 Can be edited so people like them They dont have to change the new voting system to get the maps back. If you really want to play the underplayed maps then mcsg should just make it so you are not able to vote and it chooses randomly...

Zietra

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I must say that I enjoy the new voting system. It feels better to get to play all different kind of maps, good and other that isn't that much fun (for me). Only premiums got to choose maps, but now everyone actually gets a chance for their maps. Also, you don't get that bored of one map as before anymore, when the voting system is randomizing more now. :)

P

PeriLH_

I've decided to change my mind and after a bit of thinking.... I love the new voting system. It's a great new way to have you on the edge and wonder what map will be chosen. Even though, odds are that map with one vote won't get chosen, it is still fun to think that your favorite map still has a chance of being picked.

Cryptic_Gamer

Diamond
Reaction score
My opinion is that it was a good idea, although in the long run I don't like it now. The idea would be good if there were more good maps from the ones that are underplayed, I still do like playing the old maps but the tiering is garbage on them especially sg2 and breeze. The fact is the majority of mcsg doesn't like it and so in the long run it should be removed. Personally I get annoyed more with the fact that they add a new feature less than half the people like and then don't fix any bugs such as the overly strict nocheat that teleports people backwards every game and gets you killed a lot causing lots of anger for anyone that is competative in the least. In the long run the old voting system didn't make people angry and it was going to make the majority of people happy. Most underplayed maps (not all) are underplayed for a reason and I really would like to see a lot of them removed such as sg3 only on 48 and sg5 gone same with teweran sg3 but all of them are kept due to who made them not whether how they end up playing out is good or bad or if nobody likes them.

UpdatinStatus

Platinum
Reaction score
I think a map should have atleast 10% before it can even get a chance at being played.

TheCheddarboss

Survivor
Reaction score
But what about if someone hates the map with the most votes, or already played on it the last three times and doesn't want to play it again but doesn't want to leave the lobby ? It helps stop maps like Avaracia getting ridiculously overplayed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci