• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Change the Voting System back.

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
MCSG was made for people's entertainment. What's the point when we can't play maps that most of us prefer and enjoy? I mean, I get that it's more challenging in an unfamiliar map or one that not many people play, but most people actually dislike this and want to play a map they like. Also, on a totally random note, I don't understand why MCSG gets rid of maps like Fortune Island (claiming they're underplayed) rather than maps like Destiny's Shiver (which for all I know gets played twice a year).

Reaction score
I, for one, enjoy the voting system. It gives an equal chance for all of the maps to be played. For example, I have managed to get Fallen Empire, Fortress Pyke and Vida Cova voted in and I enjoy playing those maps.

_DaviBoy_

Platinum
Reaction score
The donors kinda lost their perk of having more votes, we can vote a map and no whether 10 donors vote or 3 we will almost always lose because of the new voting system. Donors only have the kicking left pretty much :(

Cryptic_Gamer

Diamond
Reaction score
Less than half the people that play have said they dislike it, proven by the polls. Why keep that when people didn't dislike the old system. It would be ok if they could do what they said they would and removed the underplayed maps that very few people liked but they aren't and won't remove bad maps like teweran sg3 and sg5 on the principle of who they are by even though they are terrible maps in terms of gameplay, tiering, and chest areas. All the long term and competative players I have talked to dislike it, people that are elected into positions are done by majority it is not like someone running that has 5 votes could get into a position of government. Not to mention it is honesty annoying when there are so many bugs then they introduce a feature tons of people hate and still don't fix the bugs...

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
I have voted, the time I made this thread I didn't notice the poll.

To be honest, the way the poll is going I think it would be best if they had separate servers if I'm honest, that way it would be definitely pleasing the majority of players.
It's a possibility, but with so many servers, we like to keep things consistent. It's better to have all the servers the same than them all having different perks. For example, people wanted half the servers to be "classic", and they instead made a new game type. :p

Zremyx

Diamond
Reaction score
I personally think this new raffle voting system is good for new players and MCSG itself. Many people get to play some of the good underplayed maps like Survival Kingdom, TSG 1, and several other great maps that are underplayed. Most new players don't get to play some of these maps because its always the same maps that get voted. Ex: Holiday, TSG 2, Sg 4, Valleyside, Highway, and many others that are over played. Some people need to get used to playing other maps that aren't part of these really overplayed maps. I personally like playing maps that I don't have routes on because it makes it more interesting and challenging. However, I don't like this new voting system for clans. During scrimmages and clan battles, we want certain maps to be played for our scrims, but for some reason, it never wins even though it has 30+ votes. I think that there should be some servers with the raffle voting and others with just regular voting. This would make a lot of the people who don't like the raffle vote be able to play on the servers without it and vice versa. This would also make it mush easier for clan scrimmages and battles because then it won't take ages for the map we want to play to actually wins.
I'm astounded at this amazing grammar! I don't think there was a single grammar mistake in this entire paragraph.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
MCSG was made for people's entertainment. What's the point when we can't play maps that most of us prefer and enjoy? I mean, I get that it's more challenging in an unfamiliar map or one that not many people play, but most people actually dislike this and want to play a map they like. Also, on a totally random note, I don't understand why MCSG gets rid of maps like Fortune Island (claiming they're underplayed) rather than maps like Destiny's Shiver (which for all I know gets played twice a year).
Sorry, but I feel that the situation of "Can't play maps that most of us prefer and enjoy." is a little bit hyperbolic. You make it seem like it's impossible to play the map that you vote for with your new system. If people truly want to vote for a map, and do, the chances are that the map will still be played. However, this just means that there is a slight possibility that it won't. In this situation, it's just part of the game to adapt to your environment.

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry, but I feel that the situation of "Can't play maps that most of us prefer and enjoy." is a little bit hyperbolic. You make it seem like it's impossible to play the map that you vote for with your new system. If people truly want to vote for a map, and do, the chances are that the map will still be played. However, this just means that there is a slight possibility that it won't. In this situation, it's just part of the game to adapt to your environment.
You have a point on how hyperbolic it sounds. Sorry if it sounded that bad, I didn't mean to exaggerate :p

Cordoroymc

Diamond
Reaction score
I love the new system. Overplayed maps are still overplayed, but when I don't vote for them, I actually get a good feeling that my vote actually counts for something.

Please don't remove it. People will always nitpick, especially with new things. If you guys keep the system, within a month people will stop complaining. It's almost always like that.
The thing is. One person could vote for a map That is underplayed and they could very easily get the map. Also, when you did the update some of the beginers didnt now what was happening or how to use it. Blamph there will always be complaining. I guess you can choose what you like But if you play on maps like Sg2 or Sg3 you would always win because the noobs arent good at that map. I bring this up to show the goods and bads with the new voting system.

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
The thing is. One person could vote for a map That is underplayed and they could very easily get the map. Also, when you did the update some of the beginers didnt now what was happening or how to use it. Blamph there will always be complaining. I guess you can choose what you like But if you play on maps like Sg2 or Sg3 you would always win because the noobs arent good at that map. I bring this up to show the goods and bads with the new voting system.
That's a bad argument to use against my reasoning.

That was the point of the system, so that underplayed maps could finally see the light of day again. So that old time maps that new players refuse to play because it's simply too "hard" or "time-consuming" to learn how to play, could see the light of day again. Overall, read what you replied to me with again. Because it sounds to me that the new players are too lazy to learn the underplayed maps, as we ALL have to do when new maps are released.

That's just silly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci