• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Change the Voting System back.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
You ever heard of the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

That applies here on so many levels it's unreal, the whole point in users voting is to play a map we like. I mean there can be 30 votes on one map, and 1 on the other which clearly no one wants to play except for that one person and that map could possibly win. If you ask me that's ridiculous.

I can see why you added this, to play the 'underplayed maps' but at the end of the day, it's just causing everyone to just leave the game if these maps get randomly chosen. I do myself, I don't play the map for a reason, I don't want to. This is why my vote used to count, but now it doesn't. You're taking away the privilege of allowing us to vote for a map we actually like.

You could argue "You still increase the chance of playing the map you like", but at the end of the day that means nothing. The fact that a map with a 1% chance can still win is just ridiculous, it's 1% for a reason.

I've never heard of any complaints with the old voting system except for users complaining about some maps being 'underplayed' but now you've made the situation worse because you're forcing us to play these maps which we don't play for a reason.

I've heard a lot more complaints over this voting system in a matter of days whereas the old voting system was fine.

I for one am a diamond donor and I enjoy the privilege of having 4 votes to help me get the map I want to play but now it's kind of useless if you ask me.

So please, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Fix the ghosting instead because that's got to be the most annoying way to die currently.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
The ghosting is awful on EU, yet I like how the new voting system works. It is more balanced.
I personally think the voting system is ridiculous and unfair to the people who vote. Whether the map is 'overplayed' or not, we want to play these maps, hence why they get votes. Now maps with 1 vote can win, it's just ridiculous.

I understand that it will get underplayed maps to be played more but then why are they removing the underplayed maps? Because no one wants to play them.. If people don't like the overplayed maps there's plenty of lobbies with just underplayed maps in the voting queue.

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
I personally think the voting system is ridiculous and unfair to the people who vote. Whether the map is 'overplayed' or not, we want to play these maps, hence why they get votes. Now maps with 1 vote can win, it's just ridiculous.

I understand that it will get underplayed maps to be played more but then why are they removing the underplayed maps? Because no one wants to play them.. If people don't like the overplayed maps there's plenty of lobbies with just underplayed maps in the voting queue.
The fact that other maps get a chance of being voted allows people to try that map out and allow it to have its fair share of attention. People don't want to be playing the same map monotonously and wish for variation.

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
I actually quite like the new voting system. In my opinion, the maps that are underplayed are disliked because people don't give them a chance. Just as much time and effort has gone into an unplayed map like Origins or Vida Cova as has gone into ones that are over played, like valleyside and sg4.
I like this system, it gives all maps a chance at being voted.

Tyco

Career
Reaction score

The biggest reason maps are overplayed is because people are obsessive with staying with what they know. Unless we force players to learn something out of their realm of knowledge of a map they are only going to play Valleyside, Holiday, etc. and let the time spent on maps that are way nicer than those (*cough* SG2 *cough*) go to waste. I actually got to play my favourite map, SG2, MULTIPLE times yesterday. That is more than I've played it in the last 2 weeks total. Personally, I find the new voting system forces you to learn new maps that you most likely will end up liking.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
To be honest, I absoluty love the new voting system. I think most of the underplayed maps simply didn't get their chance to be played enough to become popular. And the new voting system is absoluty fair. If the mayority of the people want to play a certain map it'll get a higher percentage to be chosen, but there are also people, like me, who like to play some of the other maps, and if we vote for them now, we actually have a chance to play them.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Your vote still counts... The system is a lottery. Someone can buy 50 tickets, and they're more likely than others to win, but a guy that buys one ticket still has a chance. And under the old system, a group of donors could come and completely swing the map voting, but now others at least have a chance to play what they want.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci