• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Catching Fire/Quarter Quell update and lifetime diamond giveaway!

Reaction score
I have a fun disaster idea. Like a bunch of cakes will spawn really really fast so you have to jump on them to not drown in the cakes and if you get to high when the disaster you might die because you were too high in the sky. So you would also have to break them down/eat them so you don't get too high.

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
Some more ideas:

1. Land mines spawn everywhere (higher chance of spawning near chests)

2. Endermen

3. Cracks in the earth that spread slowly and drop down to lava

4. Earthquake that shakes the screen (also could crack the ground like idea #3)

5. Tornado that can destroy blocks and lift players up into the air

6. Poison ivy that spreads across trees and on the ground. If you touch it you take poison damage.

7. All chests are replaced with trapped chests.

8. Any food you eat gives you food poisoning and golden apples make you take damage.

I'll try to think of even more :D

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
One could be all the trees in the section "melt" and become lava or such. More obstacles of death.

Another could be kind of like that, except the entire section freezes. It all become ice.

Edit: Another could be some sort of flashing light. Every few seconds you go blind, for 1-2 seconds then you can see again. After about 4-5 more seconds you're blind again. The cycle repeats.

Last edited:
J

Joel/MadDawg

Have chests drop from the sky. Some of these chests would have good supplies (items that would be sponsorable in a regular mcsg game) but others would have negative potion effects. Have a chat message to all the people in that segment that reads "Sponsors have dropped in supplies. However, not all of the them want you to win, some want to hurt your chances. Open one chest and hope to get lucky"

L

Lululioness

I realised, figuring out who had the idea first will be a bit of a hassle as I had ideas edited into my original post at different times, even though it'll say last edited a moment ago. Will you be able to see exactly when someone edited the post?

FLAMEdex

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1. Slenderman disaster! Description: Endermen (in killing mode) teleport around attacking anyone who is in the area.
"Look out for Slenderman! He tends to lurk around the woods at 10:00-11:00."

____

2. Golf ball sized hail disaster! Description: Snow balls fall from the sky giving half a heart damage each time they hit you.
"Golf ball sized hail is coming! Watch your heads!"

____

Tribute Mutation Disaster! Description: Wolfs (in killing mood) are spawned in the area. These wolfs are mutations from all the fallen tributes.
"Mutated dogs have been spawned. Try your hardest to protect yourselves. Be careful, these mutations will try to kill you."

____

hallucination disaster! Description: While you have been given nausea you will start to see a lot of chests spawning. But of course these chests are locked and you are just imagining things...
"During the next 60 minutes you might notice that you are 'seeing things' Good Luck."

Edit: edited a whole lot of grammar mistakes.

Last edited:

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Witches, when they hit you it gives a random effect, they can do anything as simple as poison to switching your inventory around! I know this is possible because another server has random effects when an ender pearl is used.

DeformedChild

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Leafy green tea

So I read somewhere, that Katniss references one of the segments being powerful, dangerous beasts. Since you can't implement giant dogs, how about just making revamped zombies? (More health, faster, more powerful, etc.)

NeonEmpire

Spectator
Reaction score
an avalanche made of sand

flooding from the tropium (middle thingy)

volcano erupting and flooding a hillside with lava

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Poison Gas: potions occasionally drop, causing effects such as nausea, blindness, hunger, weakness, slowness, etc. Of the possible effects, nausea is one I'd definitely like to see.

themastern00b

Diamond
Reaction score
When the game ends, it says Oh no you have been trapped in the cleanup disaster! This disaster will end in [insert cleanup time here]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci