• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
I understand the fact that BSM cannot be used on the servers anymore and it is a good thing, but it really isn't changing a whole lot with the 1.7.2 update taking effect. See, everyone is happy but sad because BSM cannot be used, but there is another version there to replace it - the vanilla minecraft one. Besides the fact that you cannot simply hold w to sprint (with BSM) anymore, there is no real change - this implementation only makes a very tiny difference. That being said, I'm not saying it's a bad thing at all, but the timing of its arrival was terrible :c

DJ Kitty

Platinum
Reaction score
Chad getting banned on his own server everyone *Claps*

Reactions: Yin

Hazzy16

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So happy :D I tried Hive out and everyone used hacks/BSM and it felt so unfair for someone who plays legit, that's why I've never gone back and stayed with MCSG <3 I'm so glad BSM users can no longer play <3 #ILYCHAD4LYFE

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
Great implementation, works 100% Horrible timing for this... would have been more useful earlier xD.

Eli_Mines

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm so happy! This is great news! :D

EDIT: The timing is a little off but better late than never! Haha.

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If only this was added a long time ago, it would of saved so many great community members from being falsely banned. Still, thanks Forairan for this feature!

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes, finally all those baccas running circles round me is annoying. Whoever spread the rumor that BSM has been implemented into 1.7.2 is a meathead. There are so many differences. (didn't mean to offfend any meatheads out there)

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's great that the devs have worked out a way to reject 'hacked' clients but BSM provides no real advantage to my knowledge.

Taping a weight to your sprint key actually gives you more of an advantage than using BSM does as you retain the autosprint but can engage sprint in midair- not just on the ground like BSM lets you. For players who use the number keys to navigate their hotbar the new sprint key actually makes things really difficult- they have to press up to 5 keys at the same time with their left hand. I am seriously considering changing to using the scroll wheel, which will take a lot of time and effort to master. Better sprint would fix this problem for me.

I can't help but feel that BSM is still being disallowed purely out of principle- like allowing it would somehow being admitting that Hive were right to allow BSM all along (which they obviously weren't). But now that 1.7 includes a sprint key that can mirror everything BSM has, can't you see some sense and allow it?

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I LOVE that this has finally been put in.. but my question.. is why did it take so long? xD

Another thing.. is this going to be done with other hacked clients.. or is this just a bsm thing? because honestly.. BSM is the last "hacked" client I'm worried about. It is so much less a pain to deal with than say.. FF..aimbot.. regen hacks.. no knockback. These are the types of hacks I would really like to see blocked on our servers..

Thank you tho however... for getting rid of the bsm users <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci