• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

filett55

Diamond
Reaction score
I understand the fact that BSM cannot be used on the servers anymore and it is a good thing, but it really isn't changing a whole lot with the 1.7.2 update taking effect. See, everyone is happy but sad because BSM cannot be used, but there is another version there to replace it - the vanilla minecraft one. Besides the fact that you cannot simply hold w to sprint (with BSM) anymore, there is no real change - this implementation only makes a very tiny difference. That being said, I'm not saying it's a bad thing at all, but the timing of its arrival was terrible :c
I don't think,if hackers can't use BSM they are forced to use the double tap/sprint key,and although it's not a big change for the "normal" people,they are used to press one key sprinting for all the time they want,and I think that would be a trouble for them ^^

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think,if hackers can't use BSM they are forced to use the double tap/sprint key,and although it's not a big change for the "normal" people,they are used to press one key sprinting for all the time they want,and I think that would be a trouble for them ^^
It's a matter of adaptions. BSM users stayed on 1.6.4 because they could have a better version of BSM (slightly better than the 1.7.2 BSM) whilst having optifine and most would've moved over to 1.7.2 once Optifine came out. It was merely a short term solution to a small problem. Hackers will adapt to the vanilla minecraft in due time.

filett55

Diamond
Reaction score
It's a matter of adaptions. BSM users stayed on 1.6.4 because they could have a better version of BSM (slightly better than the 1.7.2 BSM) whilst having optifine and most would've moved over to 1.7.2 once Optifine came out. It was merely a short term solution to a small problem. Hackers will adapt to the vanilla minecraft in due time.
The thing is,they'll never be as strong as yesterday.Since now,if they want to kill you as now doing a lot of combos,they can't unless they keep pressed the sprint key,that's more difficult and not every hacker will do it

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The thing is,they'll never be as strong as yesterday.Since now,if they want to kill you as now doing a lot of combos,they can't unless they keep pressed the sprint key,that's more difficult and not every hacker will do it
Most 'hackers' use sprint hacks, which aren't detectable. BSMers and hackers are a different thing.

Zana

Career
Reaction score
i'm kind of scared now, since I only uses Optifine but, since it's just a beta version ( first time uses ) on the servers, it can go very very wrong, and then people who originally don't hack might get kicked for the wrong reason..

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm not saying they aren't as strong. I'm just saying the implementation of this 'BSM detector' makes little difference coming in at this point of Minecraft, version 1.7.2

Chocostarr

Experienced
Reaction score
Most of you Moderators, or staff members in general, think that BSM allows you to sprint sideways and backwards. This is what I don't get, BSM gives no further advantage then the 1.7 sprint. They're both the same.
Only sprint hack makes you sprint sideways and backward, you're right

Thedarkenter

Survivor
Reaction score
Would it be possible to do this with other hacks aswell? For example Nodus?

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
All we need now is an autoban for forcefield xD
It would be better to come up with something killaura ...
I LOVE that this has finally been put in.. but my question.. is why did it take so long? xD

Another thing.. is this going to be done with other hacked clients.. or is this just a bsm thing? because honestly.. BSM is the last "hacked" client I'm worried about. It is so much less a pain to deal with than say.. FF..aimbot.. regen hacks.. no knockback. These are the types of hacks I would really like to see blocked on our servers..

Thank you tho however... for getting rid of the bsm users <3
Would it be possible to do this with other hacks aswell? For example Nodus?
It's a built in feature of BSM that sends the server a message to tell the server that a player with BSM has connected, I HIGHLY doubt a hacked client such as Nodus would do this.

Thedarkenter

Survivor
Reaction score
It's a built in feature of BSM that sends the server a message to tell the server that a player with BSM has connected, I HIGHLY doubt a hacked client such as Nodus would do this.
Then let's get some more moderators on the servers as I tend to find one hacker every other game and it ruins the fun.

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Then let's get some more moderators on the servers as I tend to find one hacker every other game and it ruins the fun.
We only have ~100 staff members and between 500-1000 servers (I forgot). Additionally there are the hub servers to deal with and timezone differences. We try to catch as many as we can but because we're not in every game we sometimes have to rely on the public for help, if you can record hackers please do and report it on the "Report Abuse" section on the forums, if you can't record, you can poke a moderator on Teamspeak and they will help you if they're not busy. If they're just lazy... Well, you'll have to report them to Senior Staff then :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci