• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Admitting to Hacking in Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackling

Career
Reaction score
So, from my understanding, YTers who bring people to the server and / or donators should get an extra warning because of their contributions to the server?

Yeah, I'll take a pass on that, too.
Not excactly. This was just an example of how the community only loses positive parts from these kinds of bans. No, people making more profit for the servers shouldn't get greater advantages, everyone should.

emal2012

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm going to agree with Huahwi just because it was Huahwi who said it <3

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I'm going to agree with Huahwi just because it was Huahwi who said it <3
That's exactly the type of ignorance us forumers are hoping to avoid.
I implore you to please reconsider.

That follows along the lines of
"If your friends told you to jump off of a cliff, would you do it?"

Don't blindly follow others - make your own decisions and come up with your own opinions!
If Huahwi said "Everyone on this planet should be homeless and give me all of their money," would you do that?
....no....

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Re-read what I said and try again. I've already said what should be done.... (facepalm)
Re-read what I said and try again. I emphasised hacking for a reason, if they have admitted to hacking shouldn't we punish them for the same amount times as we would for hacking?

DPinky

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Re-read what I said and try again. I emphasised hacking for a reason, if they have admitted to hacking shouldn't we punish them for the same amount times as we would for hacking?
Like I've said in my first post; no.

Reaction score
I agree with Kit's statement. Lets make an analogy. If I was in court for homicide(Murder) for killing Bob, and there was not enough evidence, and I suddenly admit to killing Bob, they are still going lock me up. If the jail time was 2 years, and even if I didn't commit the crime, I would still be locked up for 2 years. The same goes here. MC Gamer staff don't know your joking, and even if you are, hacking is one of the most serious "crimes" in the game. Also, MC gamer staff aren't stupid. Just put up an appeal and say you were just joking, and explain your story. Chances are you will get un-banned. Or you could just wait the ban time. MCSG is taking precautions, and since there are more hackers than ever, and this rule is being strongly enforced.

qpDemask

Tribute
Reaction score
This rule is kind of irational.Just imagine a guy saying "Guys,I have a bazooka in my bag" ,what would police(or army or FBI or CIA or whatever) do?Get him in jail directly or verify him and get evidence of him having that bazooka?

And one funny thing is that I got banned for 1 week because a random guy called me a hacker , and I said "yeah sure lol" ;-;

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Look, I agree and can see where you are coming from Huahwi - but I'm going to make an analogy, like many others have done;

If you were a police officer and you were on the lookout for a suspect murderer and whilst on your duty someone yells out "Hey sir, I killed the guy on the news". The Police Officer would arrest him and then gather evidence to see if he was indeed the murderer. Anyway, the moral of the story was that we staff can't tell if you are joking or not joking as we can't see your screens at that exact point in time- we have to act as if the person saying that they hack is actually hacking and treat it the same way.

Crackling

Career
Reaction score
Look, I agree and can see where you are coming from Huahwi - but I'm going to make an analogy, like many others have done;

If you were a police officer and you were on the lookout for a suspect murderer and whilst on your duty someone yells out "Hey sir, I killed the guy on the news". The Police Officer would arrest him and then gather evidence to see if he was indeed the murderer. Anyway, the moral of the story was that we staff can't tell if you are joking or not joking as we can't see your screens at that exact point in time- we have to act as if the person saying that they hack is actually hacking and treat it the same way.
Well, as you said, the police gathers evidence after arresting the person. The rules as for this network say that whoever says "I hack" even as a joke, is guilty. No further investigation, no disputes, no removal from the record, no chance to become a moderator, and further bans are prolonged, just because of a sense of humor that the staff dislikes. Certain people even end up getting permanently banned for a cheap little joke. I am 99,9% sure that if the staff was to take a look at the players who "admitted to hacking", they would find that a great, great majority of the people were just joking.

Why cannot staff treat "i haz mlg hax mannnnn" the same way as they treat TS pokes about hackers? Follow and look at the damn person before heading straight onto the ban panel. It really is worth it, considering you will be keeping more legitimate players, and only end up throwing out the actual cheaters. I'm just gonna say this: If people keep getting banned for "admitting to hacks" in the process of hacker elimination, all that will happen is that a large group of legitimate players will disappear at the same time.

Let's assume 1/3 "admitters" actually do hack, even though I believe the number is way lower (this could actually be a good idea to research). When 3 people are banned for admitting to hacks, 2 of them will be legitimate players. In the long run, you could be looking at a removal of 1000 hackers, and 2000 legitimate players. What you have done is to make the hacker:legit ratio go in the favor of hackers, as there will be less of them removed. If you want an effective way to not have a hacker in every single game, I suggest not removing the innocent players who at least create a certain balance to the servers.

I used to be a mod back in the day myself, and obviously had to follow the guidance given by Sr. Staff, which lead to me banning tons of people that I knew were only playing jokes, trying to make other people laugh. I knew a lot of people used this system to get people they disliked banned. All they had to do was to ask them "DO YOU HACK!?!?!?", and they would answer "ya d00d i haz tha faze mlg noscope hax client". A screenshot of that, and BOOM, he is out. At last, the fact that I no longer wanted to be a party pooper, ended up being one of the reasons affecting my decision to resign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci