• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Admitting to Hacking in Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
We have a strict ruling on this because most times, expression cannot be judged and we'd rather have a strong straightforward rule that can be used in these situations.

The 3 day ban is a good suggestion but if smaller, more obscure rulings are put in place loopholes will be found and it will be harder for moderators to judge.

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
It's kinda like a double edged sword.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello there Huahwi . First and foremost, welcome back.

As you know we have a very large community. With that being said, there are always conflicting opinions. One of the biggest topics these days is Hackers or Hacking. As you may know, we have numerous programmes in order to stop hackers is the US and EU cleansweeps. We are doing our best to stop hackers in any way we can. Obviously everyone hates hackers and people complain about it all the time, and I don't blame them sometimes. It can be frustrating when people make the game unfair and to an extent unplayable sometimes. Now we want to get rid of all the hackers and that's why we have a no tolerance policy. As you see, I bolded the rule where admitting to hacks is not allowed even jokingly. We can't risk having people who have admitted that they're hacking roaming around on our network. Obviously if there are Platinums or above flying in the hub and saying 'I'm fly hacking' we realise that is not bannable as it obviously is ridiculous as they have the ability to fly.

Long story short, we cannot risk having potential hackers out there without us doing anything about it.

EDIT: If they say that they are joking right afterwards, we wouldn't ban them.
So what you are saying is if I typed 'I have aimbot.' But ingame didn't hit anyone I wouldn't get banned? In your example they are still admitting to hacks, they would get banned even though they are platinum ranks, because as you know, rules state that you'd get banned for admitting to hacks, even jokingly. What if I said 'I have regen hacks!' Probably would get banned.
lol no EU people never do that.
I know :D EU people literally joke around with that. Only people admitting to hacks are actually the legit players, as the hackers don't speak English.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
The staff take into consideration what people say all the time but overall rules are rules for a reason. If the public don't read and follow the rules it is their own fault and if you are stupid enough to say you hack in chat it's your own fault.
lol understandable that a rule is a rule, but this rule needs worked on a bit. I've been in ts chats with tons of people, staff included, and we would joke about hacking. We knew better than to say it in chat, but it's still something that people joke about. I feel like someone just saying "i hack" isn't really justified as evidence for a 7 day ban. 7 day bans are 100% evidence bans that are put through. Someone jokingly saying " I hack" isn't 100% proof.

To the point if a known hacker says " I have KillAura" then well, that's different. The person was caught hacking, but not recorded sucessfully, then gave the exact hacks that he had in an admission. That's justified as a clean ban for a hack. But just some random scrub in the server or someone talking to their friends and says " Oh yeah I totally hack", in my opinion, isn't fair to get some 7 day ban.

You or anyone else can't tell me that they haven't been in a TS channel or something and joked about having hacks. It's just something people do. This is just a rule that needs to be worked out. Saying " I hack" isn't something that is 7 days then a perma ban. That's just not fair. Keep it against the rules if you guys must, but at least take down the punishment a bit.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the rule specifically says 1that admitting to hacks, even jokingly, is punishable. We aren't sure if the person is joking or not, so we can take no chance. Let's imagine that saying stupid will get you banned. Say that you told your friend that he's stupid because he fell for the alt f4 trick and meant it in a joking way. Guess what, it's not allowed and will then get you banned. This go same for admitting to hacks. Maybe the punishment is too harsh, but there are people who are hacking that have admitted to hacking. Punishing them for a less time will give them 3 offenses before getting perm banned, which is unfair to those who have hacked and got perm banned after 2 offenses. I hope you can understand what I mean, also sorry for any grammer mistakes I'm on my phone. :p
Make it so the person can only be banned for admission of hacks if they verbally admit to it (this would also force them to download TeamSpeak which is a good thing). It's the Internet. Nearly everyone has lied on it at some point in text about something.

PrimalAU

Survivor
Reaction score
When people even have a thought on, hacking its just silly because everyone wants to play the game. My friend got banned for saying he hacks when it was a joke. it was a 7 day ban as well. if you say you "hack" when you don't, i think its something the person will regret. Also Huahwi, nice to see you back!

FadingPixels

Career
Reaction score
What if your in a loosing streak and you suddenly win a game and then your opponent thinks you hack, will you still get banned if you said "Yeah, I totally hack?" but you were only being sarcastic because you were just fed up.

BlueStyledFTW

Tribute
Reaction score
Huahwi typed this on his new keyboard :D

*Staff takes this post seriously only because Huahwi wrote it*
Well he is someone who can effects this community in large ways .

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci