• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Adding a Incentive to Respectable Characters

What is the biggest problem on MCSG currently? Should we reward "good character"?

• 1st Question: Hackers.

Votes: 34 64.2%
  • 1st Question: Harrasment.

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • 1st Question: Bullying.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • 1st Question: Swearing/Foul Langauge.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • 2nd Question: Yes

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • 2nd Question: No [explain]

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
I know, but if you got the exact same priveledges (excuse me spelling), someone would figure out eventually. You give 'em donor, and they can moderate chat, but not be recognised to the public.
So basically, you're saying have undercover mods. That sounds awesome...in fact, they would probably have too many of the regular mods wanting that rank... xD

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think that chat-offenders should be punished in a fun way, not warn the cultprits, but to play around with them.

When a player types a certain phrase in a list of many it will change it to make it sound less mean, or even completely silly yet hilarious, I've seen it done on another server I play on and it's very funny. :3

For example:

When a player types-
"Shut up" it will convert to "Please be quite"

"Vote X" (only repetively) it will convert to "I love all maps <3"

Any type of swear, converted to "I love you"

etc and so on... :3

Chat = Clean

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think that chat-offenders should be punished in a fun way, not warn the cultprits, but to play around with them.

When a player types a certain phrase in a list of many it will change it to make it sound less mean, or even completely silly yet hilarious, I've seen it done on another server I play on and it's very funny. :3

For example:

When a player types-

Chat = Clean
This. I would love not having to ask people to stop swearing and such. Here's a cool (maybe possible) idea. When someone spams, their text gets compressed and shown to everyone as, " playerxyz is a spammer." Or something like that. Either way, this would be great.

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hey, Theo with a Theory:
Adding a Incentive to Respectable Characters

If your a respectable character among the servers, as not hacking, swearing, abusing powers, and not being totally disrespectful, I think their should be a way to reward these players. I think I can agree with most people that the real honorable characters are the ones that do this without incentive. Unfortunately, given the state of the internet and the world, I think it's to much to ask for. So, if people are just being good people, I think MCSG should award them with maybe a badge of some sort, or a least something people see has a valuable thing to have.

(Badge? Points? Color? Higher Chances of becoming Mod?)

Note, this should be awarded after a long period of time (preferably two months) and can have continues upgrades/the ability to loose. Thus, people can't start being terrible people after they have been awarded it.

I'm going to repeat what I said before--"I think...that the real honorable characters are the ones that do this without incentive". I find this sad. My friends have had their dose of Cyber-bulling, as well as my twin brother with autism. I've experienced it as well. Yet, maybe if we rewarded the "good characters" in someway that it would inspire others to do it themselves.

Please continue discussing my idea. I want to see how it evolves, as I'm open to constructive criticism.
Its nice to be rewarded for being good but you shouldn't have to be rewarded for sticking to the rules and not hacking, be abusive or swearing, its just not logical. You don't get a chocolate every time you get up on time for school/college or get a pound every time you help someone out, it's just not possible either because if we gave out higher chances of mod for the nicer players or more points to them, normal players would get angry and would start protesting. I can't see this idea working at all for multiple reasons, most of which have already been said and that are quite a common thing when you think of this idea.

TaiserRY

Career
Reaction score
My opinion.
Normally when we look at the good players we think of them as good examples of players on mcsg. But unfortunately some of them are awful aswell. i've been killed by gold donor hackers, iron donor hackers, players with over 2000 points who have hacks and i've caught a few aswell but what else is bad is players who assume that because they have a ton of points or wins they're good and anyone who has less are hackers and feel the need to degrade and aggrevate those players by calling them hackers threatening to post "proof" or at worst stalking players through lobbies and continously attacking them at the start or ganging up on them with friends.
immature players is the problem, i don't mean like joking around i mean when it comes to serious situations where players just don't handle it right like instead of getting a moderator to watch over someone you think hacks they just delibaretely try to piss them off.

Sorry if my opinion offends anyone.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Its nice to be rewarded for being good but you shouldn't have to be rewarded for sticking to the rules and not hacking, be abusive or swearing, its just not logical. You don't get a chocolate every time you get up on time for school/college or get a pound every time you help someone out, it's just not possible either because if we gave out higher chances of mod for the nicer players or more points to them, normal players would get angry and would start protesting. I can't see this idea working at all for multiple reasons, most of which have already been said and that are quite a common thing when you think of this idea.

However, the normal players would have more reason to be nice for the chance of getting such incentives. I understand my idea might now be exactly the way to clean up MCSG. Yet, I think that we need to find a way to at least stop the bad language and swearing... and possibly reward players that don't do it.

Thanks for your opinion though, I like how my ideas are evolving around the perspectives of other people.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score

For example:

When a player types-

Chat = Clean
This could possibly make chat worse, actually. What with the sheer amount of users we have...
It's not hard to get around it. You could type the word "crap" in a million different ways: Crp, Craap, Crapp, Craaaaaaap, And an infinite amount of letters. Substituting other letters works too, as well as symbols. The system simply would not be able to block all the words out of being understandable, and just to show off/annoy everyone on the server, people will purposely use these bypasses. Chat =/= Clean. Sadly, it's not that simple, as hilarious it would be.

BlackHead

Career
Reaction score
How to fix bad chat problem:

Accept new mods = more mods = more kicking = chat clean.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This could possibly make chat worse, actually. What with the sheer amount of users we have...
It's not hard to get around it. You could type the word "crap" in a million different ways: Crp, Craap, Crapp, Craaaaaaap, And an infinite amount of letters. Substituting other letters works too, as well as symbols. The system simply would not be able to block all the words out of being understandable, and just to show off/annoy everyone on the server, people will purposely use these bypasses. Chat =/= Clean. Sadly, it's not that simple, as hilarious it would be.
There are two ways of fixing that. Either adding those "million different ways" into a blacklist, or extra coding to detect the word still, say if it's 95% of the word, has extra letters etc. It would be cleaner but not entirely, that's correct. One of the subsitutions you used as an example was "Crapp", which would convert to "I love youp" as it detects the letters that are subsiding and not if it's the only thing in a chat post. It can be coded to detected for example: "Craaaaaaap", as "c"(inf)"r"(inf)"a"(inf)"p"(inf) so if they are within that order, or similar by adding extra, so words like "Craaaaap", "Crrrrrrap", "Ccccccrap", "Crapppppp", or even something like "Cccccccrrrrraaaaapppp" as it detects letters infinitively.

I'm not so good at putting things into words sometimes but that's the idea in my head.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
There are two ways of fixing that. Either adding those "million different ways" into a blacklist, or extra coding to detect the word still, say if it's 95% of the word, has extra letters etc. It would be cleaner but not entirely, that's correct. One of the subsitutions you used as an example was "Crapp", which would convert to "I love youp" as it detects the letters that are subsiding and not if it's the only thing in a chat post. It can be coded to detected for example: "Craaaaaaap", as "c"(inf)"r"(inf)"a"(inf)"p"(inf) so if they are within that order, or similar by adding extra, so words like "Craaaaap", "Crrrrrrap", "Ccccccrap", "Crapppppp", or even something like "Cccccccrrrrraaaaapppp" as it detects letters infinitively.

I'm not so good at putting things into words sometimes but that's the idea in my head.
But what if I wanted to say the word scrap? If it turned "crapp" into "I love youp," it would turn "scrap" into "sI love you." This would be unnecessarily annoying. There is likely to be other much better examples, though.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
But what if I wanted to say the word scrap? If it turned "crapp" into "I love youp," it would turn "scrap" into "sI love you." This would be unnecessarily annoying. There is likely to be other much better examples, though.
Mhm, probably ;P You could also add words such as scrap as whitelist words. :3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci