• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Adding a Incentive to Respectable Characters

What is the biggest problem on MCSG currently? Should we reward "good character"?

• 1st Question: Hackers.

Votes: 34 64.2%
  • 1st Question: Harrasment.

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • 1st Question: Bullying.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • 1st Question: Swearing/Foul Langauge.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • 2nd Question: Yes

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • 2nd Question: No [explain]

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
They won't really be nice. They will be pretending to be nice to get rewards. But once the blinds go down they will just return to how they once were. People are already punished for breaking the rules, so if this is to distinguish those who follow them then there is no need as a way already exists.

Reaction score
Yea, sounds good, and each time you get that temp ban it's put into a record. Make it impossible to get permabanned for swearing, but it will reflect badly if someone trys to get mod or posts a ban dispute.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish there were special types of mods; more common than regular mods but with less power, call them a chat moderator, who specialize in keeping the chat clean, i.e. they have the power to kick people for spamming or being abusive, while leaving matters such as hacking and cheating to the regular mods. Because, while not every single game has a hacker, it is almost a guarantee that every single game will have a chat abuser. Maybe not a good idea, but I do get frustrated with the people that play these.

showli2

Tribute
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish there were special types of mods; more common than regular mods but with less power, call them a chat moderator, who specialize in keeping the chat clean, i.e. they have the power to kick people for spamming or being abusive, while leaving matters such as hacking and cheating to the regular mods. Because, while not every single game has a hacker, it is almost a guarantee that every single game will have a chat abuser. Maybe not a good idea, but I do get frustrated with the people that play these.
I like this idea. Maybe it would be interesting if they didn't even have a different colored name, maybe just permanent iron donor or something, keep people from being nice JUST when they're around. That would be good...

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
I like this idea. Maybe it would be interesting if they didn't even have a different colored name, maybe just permanent iron donor or something, keep people from being nice JUST when they're around. That would be good...
They wouldn't have donor. You can't get donor status for being a mod. But just be known as chat moderators. I know I would LOVE to do that, chat abusers really annoy me :p

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
We have that. It's called every player with a good heart and an F2 button.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
We have that. It's called every player with a good heart and an F2 button.
Yeah, that's true, but it's hard to keep up with so many. I have probably hundreds of screenshots and if I feel like it I report some... :p

Uber_Fun_Time

Experienced
Reaction score

Hey, Theo with a Theory:
Adding a Incentive to Respectable Characters

If your a respectable character among the servers, as not hacking, swearing, abusing powers, and being totally disrespectful, I think their should be a way to reward these players. I think I can agree with most people that the real honorable characters are the ones that do this without incentive. Unfortunately, given the state of the internet and the world, I think it's to much to ask for. So, if people are just being good people, I think MCSG should award them with maybe a badge of some sort, or a least something people see has a valuable thing to have.

(Badge? Points? Color? Higher Chances of becoming Mod?)

Note, this should be awarded after a long period of time (preferably two months) and can have continues upgrades/the ability to loose. Thus, people can't start being terrible people after they have been awarded it.

I'm going to repeat what I said before--"I think...that the real honorable characters are the ones that do this without incentive". I find this sad. My friends have had their dose of Cyber-bulling, as well as my twin brother with autism. I've experienced it as well. Yet, maybe if we rewarded the "good characters" in someway that it would inspire others to do it themselves.

Please continue discussing my idea. I want to see how it evolves, as I'm open to constructive criticism.
I think you deserve this for your constant constructive criticism and the quality of your threads!:D

showli2

Tribute
Reaction score
They wouldn't have donor. You can't get donor status for being a mod. But just be known as chat moderators. I know I would LOVE to do that, chat abusers really annoy me :p
I know, but if you got the exact same priveledges (excuse me spelling), someone would figure out eventually. You give 'em donor, and they can moderate chat, but not be recognised to the public.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci