• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Adding a Incentive to Respectable Characters

What is the biggest problem on MCSG currently? Should we reward "good character"?

• 1st Question: Hackers.

Votes: 34 64.2%
  • 1st Question: Harrasment.

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • 1st Question: Bullying.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • 1st Question: Swearing/Foul Langauge.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • 2nd Question: Yes

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • 2nd Question: No [explain]

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score

Hey, Theo with a Theory:
Adding a Incentive to Respectable Characters

If your a respectable character among the servers, as not hacking, swearing, abusing powers, and not being totally disrespectful, I think their should be a way to reward these players. I think I can agree with most people that the real honorable characters are the ones that do this without incentive. Unfortunately, given the state of the internet and the world, I think it's to much to ask for. So, if people are just being good people, I think MCSG should award them with maybe a badge of some sort, or a least something people see has a valuable thing to have.

(Badge? Points? Color? Higher Chances of becoming Mod?)

Note, this should be awarded after a long period of time (preferably two months) and can have continues upgrades/the ability to loose. Thus, people can't start being terrible people after they have been awarded it.

I'm going to repeat what I said before--"I think...that the real honorable characters are the ones that do this without incentive". I find this sad. My friends have had their dose of Cyber-bulling, as well as my twin brother with autism. I've experienced it as well. Yet, maybe if we rewarded the "good characters" in someway that it would inspire others to do it themselves.

Please continue discussing my idea. I want to see how it evolves, as I'm open to constructive criticism.

locker651

Survivor
Reaction score
was in a game of sg4, 3 hackers, killed 2 but had to 1v1 the last in dm and lost.

Dylanaj5

Survivor
Reaction score
A badge for following the rules? No. Hackers, Banned. Spammers, Banned. People should not be in it for the trophies or the rewards. Also "higher chances of getting mod" if you are a hacker, you obviously would not get mod. If a Sr. Mod or Admin accepts your application, the voice interview will give them all they need to know about your "character". So I vote nay on this idea.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
A badge for following the rules? No. Hackers, Banned. Spammers, Banned. People should not be in it for the trophies or the rewards. Also "higher chances of getting mod" if you are a hacker, you obviously would not get mod. If a Sr. Mod or Admin accepts your application, the voice interview will give them all they need to know about your "character". So I vote nay on this idea.
It's more then just hacking however. I know it seems farfetched to be rewarded for doing the right thing for you should do it without any rewards. That's the internet these days. Unfortunately, if that's what it takes to clean up these servers, so be it. I wish it would be less about the rewards...

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Although, Dylan has a point.

If you don't follow the rules you don't have the ability to get mod, or play. I'm just saying we should have an incentive, not deduction. I think that is friendlier.

Dylanaj5

Survivor
Reaction score
It's more then just hacking however. I know it seems farfetched to be rewarded for doing the right thing for you should do it without any rewards. That's the internet these days. Unfortunately, if that's what it takes to clean up these servers, so be it. I wish it would be less about the rewards...
No, that's not what it takes. What it takes is NOTHING. There is nothing that can be done. I don't mean it is a lost situation but, there will never be no hackers, there will never be no cyber-bullies. The volume of the internet and of MCSG in particular is to large to have no problems. So while problems like this can be temporarily mediated, they can not be solved. At least not completely.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
No, that's not what it takes. What it takes is NOTHING. There is nothing that can be done. I don't mean it is a lost situation but, there will never be no hackers, there will never be no cyber-bullies. The volume of the internet and of MCSG in particular is to large to have no problems. So while problems like this can be temporarily mediated, they can not be solved. At least not completely.
"At least not completely". We can put it to a minimum tho.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
I say no, people will be nice just for the sake of getting cookies and medals. We need people to be nice from the heart, not just to get rewards.
I know... but at least they will be nice.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Way too subjective for who is a"good character". I have to say no.

Though reducing the amount of negative feelings on the servers is admirable, incentivizing the opposite behavior in this manner is not the way to go about doing it.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Way too subjective for who is a"good character". I have to say no.

Though reducing the amount of negative feelings on the servers is admirable, incentivizing the opposite behavior in this manner is not the way to go about doing it.
I see... Okay... I'm going to abandon this thread now... You guys have made good points.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci