• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Thank you gift for reporting players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
You do get an award, you make the community a little less polluted :D

E

Ephiza

I still wouldn't, because if the evidence gets removed, you also lose your reward and get perm banned, but I think it's a cool idea ;3

Reaction score
I still wouldn't, because if the evidence gets removed, you also lose your reward and get perm banned, but I think it's a cool idea ;3
Deleting evidence goes by recording. Keeping the files takes up space. "Reporting players" goes by swearing, spamming, harassment, etc.. Anything along those lines. By simple gyazoing it, copying the link, and saving it on a note document doesn't take up any space, and the evidence isn't removed forever.

Reporting by those terms can't make you get banned like that. Just thought I'd point that out.

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
Just so you know, gyazo actually removes the evidence after a while of inactivity. I recommend ShareX as it uploads directly to imgur which lasts a lot longer c:
Also, youtube videos do not take up space, so if you upload to youtube and delete it from your hard drive, you should be fine (as long as you don't delete it from youtube itself).

As for the discussion, any more flame will not be tolerated. If it continues, the thread will be locked. Thank you Mooclan for trying to break it up.

Reaction score
Just so you know, gyazo actually removes the evidence after a while of inactivity. I recommend ShareX as it uploads directly to imgur which lasts a lot longer c:
Also, youtube videos do not take up space, so if you upload to youtube and delete it from your hard drive, you should be fine (as long as you don't delete it from youtube itself).

As for the discussion, any more flame will not be tolerated. If it continues, the thread will be locked. Thank you Mooclan for trying to break it up.
Oh, okay. Good to know. ^.^ I will have to look at ShareX tomorrow.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Okay, here's the thing that is has been stated multiple times before.

Incentives for reporting players would lead to both positive and negative outcomes.

The positives, you ask? Well, it does encourage people to record and report more hackers, and if they get something for it they will become a happier person, and maybe increase the general mood of the community which hasn't been very optimistic as of late.

Sadly, the cons for this grossly outweigh the pros. For example, people would just record almost anyone they fight, hacking or not, and wouldn't report hackers to get them banned, they'd simply do it for their reward. This could make people forget why they are reporting the rule breakers in the first place. Also, more and more people would forge evidence and this would lead to simply quite a bit more false bans. This would also flood the report abuse section significantly more, making the mods have to commit more time to said section. Eventually this would become too much and would lead to the needing for more mods, and we don't just hire moderators willy nilly. This will take a ton of time out of the Sr. Staff's time to do other things like work on major server updates and tweak more pressing issues.

On another note, this would also require the staff to tell the players whether the player has been banned or not in order for them to claim the prize. This is against the rules to protect the rights that said rule breaker has on our servers and there will never be a feature that allows moderators/other staff members to tell the person making the report abuse whether the user has been banned or not.

I'd hate to break it to you, but there is a high chance that something of this scale will not be implemented. :c

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to PM me with them, but for now, thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci