• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Thank you gift for reporting players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I got 200 banned people in 3 months
So by that logic, you'd have to spend over a year of dedicated recording and reporting.
It's something that a very small amount of people can do. You have several thousand games played on MCSG, so you are probably one of the few who actually have the equipment and time to do that.
When features are implemented, it's something that will benefit the playerbase/community/servers as a whole, not just the small portion of players who can report hundreds of players.

Also, you can't really say that you've gotten 200 people banned. You aren't told directly whether or not the user was found to be breaking a rule, or if it was a false report, only that they user will be dealt with appropriately - which could be nothing at all.

Also, this has been suggested multiple times in the past, and turned down each time. I highly doubt that it will change in the future.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
So by that logic, you'd have to spend over a year of dedicated recording and reporting.
It's something that a very small amount of people can do. You have several thousand games played on MCSG, so you are probably one of the few who actually have the equipment and time to do that.
When features are implemented, it's something that will benefit the playerbase/community/servers as a whole, not just the small portion of players who can report hundreds of players.

Also, you can't really say that you've gotten 200 people banned. You aren't told directly whether or not the user was found to be breaking a rule, or if it was a false report, only that they user will be dealt with appropriately - which could be nothing at all.

Also, this has been suggested multiple times in the past, and turned down each time. I highly doubt that it will change in the future.
Wow, look at Mooclan go! xD

Wind him up, and watch him type. <3

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
I have always sort of cringed at people asking for a reward for reporting players. The reason you report players is so you can enjoy yourself on the network, not to be rewarded.

Also, this would just cause staff to be flooded with report abuses and ultimately, they would have to hire more staff who may not be as high quality as someone who were to be accepted before. All in all, it has more negatives than positives.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
I have always sort of cringed at people asking for a reward for reporting players. The reason you report players is so you can enjoy yourself on the network, not to be rewarded.

Also, this would just cause staff to be flooded with report abuses and ultimately, they would have to hire more staff who may not be as high quality as someone who were to be accepted before. All in all, it has more negatives than positives.
Thats just what Mooclan said except in a more simplistic fashion. I still agree with it highly though!

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
There would also be in increase in the amount of false reports

oshisomethingmeh

Experienced
Reaction score
Ummm "lol" No you didn't. I meant IN GAME not a credit system. Dont be a Pri** No-one likes it. Especially when you say "LOL" in a sarcastic fashion.

Like I said in my original post, you dont KNOW you got them banned, Im sure they put something like "Thankyou for reporting, the player has been dealt with accordingly, have a nice day! :)" That doesn't mean they're banned, infact theres a high chance that over 1/2 of those reports weren't banned.
Excuse me I meant the bit about mods telling you whether or not the ban is successful, and the credit system I suggested. All that was your own info is the last sentence. And don't call me a prick bud, doesn't make you sound cooler no matter what your mommy tells you ;)

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
As I said, this was an idea I had just thought of randomly, I just wanted to see everyone's input

ThatFuryFellow

Platinum
Reaction score
I disagree, and here's why:

Honestly, I don't feel anyone deserves a reward for reporting players. It's not too much work, and simply put, it's just nice. Since I can never become a Moderator (Due to a previous ban) I would like to do as much as I can to help out MCGamer. Reporting players just makes me feel good :)

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Excuse me I meant the bit about mods telling you whether or not the ban is successful, and the credit system I suggested. All that was your own info is the last sentence. And don't call me a prick bud, doesn't make you sound cooler no matter what your mommy tells you ;)
Please dont start a flame war with me. I assure you I can win. My mother and father are both Lawyers, and I like to think I have some of their "talent".

Reaction score
There are numerous reasons why this will most likely not happen.

• Reporting players is optional. You don't have to do it; it's just a nice thing to do and shows you appreciate the server.
  • What about the players who don't have time and equipment good enough to report players? That will just mean that people with more money or better gear gets a free handout.
  • Mods can't give out the punishment of said hacker. How would you know if the ban was successful?
  • False reports would rise, causing more work for the staff. Like their "job" isn't hard enough..
  • This can easily be abused as people could get their friend to hack just to get a reward.
This just won't happen... Also, there has been so many threads about this that have all gotten the big NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci