• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Thank you gift for reporting players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The thank you gift from us, the staff, to you, the player, is satisfaction- knowing that you have helped us get rid of a hacker, rulebreaker or whatever it is- a small contribution I know, but it's helpful nonetheless.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
After seeing what many people have said and the points that have been brought up, I would say that it makes sense to not award players for reporting others in any sort of payment, a thank you is enough :D and I will continue to report players anyways

oshisomethingmeh

Experienced
Reaction score
Please dont start a flame war with me. I assure you I can win. My mother and father are both Lawyers, and I like to think I have some of their "talent".
I'm not starting a flame war, if anything you did considering you repeatedly referred to me as a prick. Also, good for you kid I couldn't possibly care less what your parents do for a living.

oshisomethingmeh

Experienced
Reaction score
The thank you gift from us, the staff, to you, the player, is satisfaction- knowing that you have helped us get rid of a hacker, rulebreaker or whatever it is- a small contribution I know, but it's helpful nonetheless.
Edit: sorry for double post!
Actually that's not correct. You don't even tell us whether or not the player has been punished xD

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
A few thousand players to get VIP?
Reporting a few thousand players is almost impossible.
Heck, reporting a few hundred players would take anyone months to do, unless you had friends helping you.

Having an incentive for reporting players:
  • This would increase the number of false reports. People would be recording every single game that they played, and reporting almost every single person who killed them and made them rage. This would cause the staff members to be flooded with reports, both true and false. It'd completely overload the existing staff team, and force them to hire more moderators - but with that said, they'd have to go through applications and interviews faster, and less in-depth. This would cause the overall quality of the staff team to drop.
  • People are supposed to report hackers to make the servers a better, more fun place... not for their own gain.
  • If they really want to report rule-breakers to help the servers that much, they should just apply for Moderator. If they're underage, then oh well.
1) So what if it incrases false reports, it would increase true reports aswell, and there are at least 100 mods on MCGamer, they can easily handle the job, if not, recruit more, not that hard at all.
2) Who said they are supposed to report hackers for a more fun place? That is how we have always had it, why not change it make it better?
3) 90% of the people that play are under 15, so therefor they cannot apply for mod, reporting hackers is a great way to help the servers out, and why not help yourself?

Note: If people make too many false reports in 1 month (10+) than make it so they cannot report anyone?

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm not starting a flame war, if anything you did considering you repeatedly referred to me as a prick. Also, good for you kid I couldn't possibly care less what your parents do for a living.
I never repeatedly referred you to a prick, I actually called you a primrose. And if I had, I only did it once. Also by choosing to reply to all my posts, throwing abuse in my face, you are starting a flame war. Also, dont call me a kid, as I am most likely older than you (14). <3

~Otto

oshisomethingmeh

Experienced
Reaction score
I never repeatedly referred you to a prick, I actually called you a primrose. And if I had, I only did it once. Also by choosing to reply to all my posts, throwing abuse in my face, you are starting a flame war. Also, dont call me a kid, as I am most likely older than you (14). <3

~Otto
You've dealt just as much abuse as I have. I'm only replying as to refute your points. Also, im 14 as well m8. and no...you called me a prick lol don't lie to me bud

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
You've dealt just as much abuse as I have. I'm only replying as to refute your points. Also, im 14 as well m8. and no...you called me a prick lol don't lie to me bud
I'd advise that you simply leave the thread now. Anything you're saying is just provoking him to continue the argument.
Same goes for you, Otto, unless you think you still have something that you'd like to add, that's on-topic.
Please and thanks
- Your friendly neighborhood firefighter.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
Most have identified my thoughts in previous threads/posts, so I won't be writing an essay again on this topic, however a previous comment in this thread annoyed me.

True, mods do get a lot of perks though, more then donor and they don't have to pay anything.
Although we don't offer any money for our perks and ranks, moderators earn these perks by donating their time.
You'd be aware that without the moderators, no hacker reports would process, and the server will spiral out of control. So, if we do earn some extra little perks, it's justified :)

Xystz

Quantum
Reaction score
Please dont start a flame war with me. I assure you I can win. My mother and father are both Lawyers, and I like to think I have some of their "talent".
Just because your parents are lawyers doesn't mean you have any talent in being a lawyer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci