• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Thank you gift for reporting players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
So I was playing sg this afternoon and I ran into a 4 team of hackers. Now I got my face smashed in but I managed to get evidence to get a few of them banned, and then I thought, "Why am I reporting these guys?" Obviously my reasoning was that the game would be more enjoyable without the hackers and stuff. But then I thought, what if players were to get stuff for reporting rule breakers? Well, look at the pros and cons, Pros: More people would be reporting players and there will be less hackers and abusive players around, and also people could get things out if it, now the cons: A lot of people would make reports that aren't even worth it, just so they get stuff, and people would also use mcalts to get their alts banned for free goods. Now, I'm still not sure how I feel about this whole Idea, I just came up with it on the spot. Comment below how you feel about it, and what kinds of rewards players could get. My idea was if someone gets a couple thousand players banned they would get VIP or something. Once again, not sure if this is a good idea or not.

oshisomethingmeh

Experienced
Reaction score
Well, based on that, if members get some stuff for reporting people, mods should get a lot of stuff for getting more people banned. Idk maybe a credit system where for every successful report that ends in a ban gained you a credit and with 100 you can get a free iron donor, 250 for gold, 750 for diamond, and 1k for platinum. The reason it would have to be successful reports is because people can get crap evidence just for free credits for free donor and not contribute to help the server at all. The unfortunate contrast to this is that staff don't disclose whether or not reports are successful. So I'm not sure how this could work either. Idk.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, based on that, if members get some stuff for reporting people, mods should get a lot of stuff for getting more people banned. Idk maybe a credit system where for every successful report that ends in a ban gained you a credit and with 100 you can get a free iron donor, 250 for gold, 750 for diamond, and 1k for platinum. The reason it would have to be successful reports is because people can get crap evidence just for free credits for free donor and not contribute to help the server at all. The unfortunate contrast to this is that staff don't disclose whether or not reports are successful. So I'm not sure how this could work either. Idk.
True, mods do get a lot of perks though, more then donor and they don't have to pay anything.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
A few thousand players to get VIP?
Reporting a few thousand players is almost impossible.
Heck, reporting a few hundred players would take anyone months to do, unless you had friends helping you.

Having an incentive for reporting players:
  • This would increase the number of false reports. People would be recording every single game that they played, and reporting almost every single person who killed them and made them rage. This would cause the staff members to be flooded with reports, both true and false. It'd completely overload the existing staff team, and force them to hire more moderators - but with that said, they'd have to go through applications and interviews faster, and less in-depth. This would cause the overall quality of the staff team to drop.
  • People are supposed to report hackers to make the servers a better, more fun place... not for their own gain.
  • If they really want to report rule-breakers to help the servers that much, they should just apply for Moderator. If they're underage, then oh well.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Also, mods would have to reveal wether they banned the player or not, to tell you if you get the credit. I dont think thats allowed, they usually just say "This player has been dealt with according to the MCGamer rules, have a nice day! :)" , or something along those lines. Honestly I dont think this is the best idea. I paid for my diamond donor (Or should have, thanks Perkins ), and I dont want other people getting this for free when I 'paid' real money for it.

Maybe you could get some In-Game points, or something?

oshisomethingmeh

Experienced
Reaction score
Heck, reporting a few hundred players would take anyone months to do, unless you had friends helping you.

• This would increase the number of false reports. People would be recording every single game that they played, and reporting almost every single person who killed them and made them rage. This would cause the staff members to be flooded with reports, both true and false. It'd completely overload the existing staff team, and force them to hire more moderators - but with that said, they'd have to go through applications and interviews faster, and less in-depth. This would cause the overall quality of the staff team to drop.
  • People are supposed to report hackers to make the servers a better, more fun place... not for their own gain.
  • If they really want to report rule-breakers to help the servers that much, they should just apply for Moderator. If they're underage, then oh well.
I agree with most of that but the last point is a bit flawed. Gaining mod is quite difficult, takes a lot of effort, and has a lot of guidelines. If you've ever been banned even once for such a minor thing that may not even be rightful, bam you're screwed. Or if you're disliked by senior staff for whatever reason plus the age minimum, etc. Either way, report abuses are far easier to make than getting mod is and helps the server too. However, I do agree with the rest of your points.
Mooclan I believe you know good and well how it feels to be deprived of the ability to get mod over one little thing based upon things you've told me personally in the past. ;-;

Last edited:

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score

I got 200 banned people in 3 months

oshisomethingmeh

Experienced
Reaction score
Also, mods would have to reveal wether they banned the player or not, to tell you if you get the credit. I dont think thats allowed, they usually just say "This player has been dealt with according to the MCGamer rules, have a nice day! :)" , or something along those lines. Honestly I dont think this is the best idea. I paid for my diamond donor (Or should have, thanks Perkins ), and I dont want other people getting this for free when I 'paid' real money for it.
Maybe you could get some In-Game points, or something?
And lol I already said that in my original post.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Your gift for reporting players is getting rid of the hacker and making the community a better place for your self and others. You should not report players so you can get something in return, you should do it because you want to and you care about the community.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
And lol I already said that in my original post.
Ummm "lol" No you didn't. I meant IN GAME not a credit system. Dont be a Pri** No-one likes it. Especially when you say "LOL" in a sarcastic fashion.

I got 200 banned people in 3 months
Like I said in my original post, you dont KNOW you got them banned, Im sure they put something like "Thankyou for reporting, the player has been dealt with accordingly, have a nice day! :)" That doesn't mean they're banned, infact theres a high chance that over 1/2 of those reports weren't banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci