• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

2nd and 3rd Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
If "survive" is a relative term, like you say, then it's relative to the player. To you, "survival" is find and kill other players. To other competitors, "survival" could be to flee the cornucopia at the beginning and avoid other competitors as much as possible. Again, survival is survival.
Right! I mean you only kill someone if they are a danger to you or prevent you from surviving. You think this is called "The Killing Games"? The definition of Survival in this case is finding chests and protecting yourself from other people or mobs that will kill you. The only time that you HAVE to kill someone is in the final deathmatch!

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What it comes down to is killing other competators. Its next to impossible to win without killing another tribute. People play to win (usually) so killing is a neccessary component of the games

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
What it comes down to is killing other competators. Its next to impossible to win without killing another tribute. People play to win (usually) so killing is a neccessary component of the games
But still, it is COMPLETELY possible to get 3rd or 2nd place WITHOUT killing A SOUL. They did what was asked of them: Surviving. They should still get some kudos for striving at the MAIN CONCEPT of the Games.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But you get points by killing other competators, and if you dont do it, somebody else will, giving them acccess to moremweapons tools and food and a better chance in the final deathmatch

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
This doesn't really have to do that. Just if you are in 3rd or 2nd place, you deserve SOME reward because you actually survived that long. Doesn't matter how many people you kill. Like in most sporting events, 3rd and 2nd place still win something, but of way lesser value than 1st place..

Katie

Tribute
Reaction score
I like the idea, but they are trying to make it like the books as much as possible, and in the books, the only thing you get for 2nd and 3rd place is a body bag with a first class ticket back to your district.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the idea, but they are trying to make it like the books as much as possible, and in the books, the only thing you get for 2nd and 3rd place is a body bag with a first class ticket back to your district.
-_- if you are 2nd or 3rd you are dead -_- Anyways, they can't re-copy the books EXACTLY, they can change SOME things.

Clbrend

Career
Reaction score
I would really like to see this in the server.
Sometimes i'm just looking for chest and people keep dying.
and then i'm with the last 3 and did nothing but just looking for chests.
And then i die in death match. because i have s!itty armor and weapons.

Noepje

Survivor
Reaction score
I was just about to post the same idea!
I just ended 2nd, but lost 23!! POINTS
I personally think that's a little too much for playing (pretty) good
Good idea!

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would really like to see this in the server.
Sometimes i'm just looking for chest and people keep dying.
and then i'm with the last 3 and did nothing but just looking for chests.
And then i die in death match. because i have s!itty armor and weapons.
exactly, sometime you don't have to do anything to earn those which makes them cheap...

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
exactly, sometime you don't have to do anything to earn those which makes them cheap...
If getting into teams of six (yes, I've seen teams that big) and spawn camping is considered a strategy, then why is avoiding conflict considered cheap? I would consider both the things mentioned first very cheap, since you don't have to fight as hard as those who are out wandering in the woods with no ally with the spiders and creepers trying to kill them do. I think hiding in a tree or staying near the glass wall is just as much a strategy as teaming up or camping at spawn or the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci