• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

2nd and 3rd Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I think that the 2nd and 3rd place victors should win some SPEC. I think this because it is very hard to get into the top 3, and the people who do should get some points for it.

TOODOOODOODOOODOO let's go in the future!

So yeah, as above... I don't know if they've added it already (haven't been getting any points recently) but after all this time I still think it's a good idea. It's funny how there probably was another few posts about an idea like this but I'm the first (I think).
Anyways leave any feedback and shtuff to make the idea better :D

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
like, on top of the regular winning scores? because I've gained 100 points in a round by coming second place, you just kill guys with higher scores and then lose a few when you do die.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Even if you don't kill anybody, this is just bonus points added on when you are in the 3rd or 2nd place spot.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
it seems kind of useless because if you play the game the way you're supposed to and you kill people (even if you lose) you're score win increase

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
thats not the games fault... and technically, any place but first is considered a loss.

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
While I agree with both of you, that 1st place is the only winning spot, I also think some bonus points for a top 3 finish would be cool. What about those of us that get to the top three by doing exactly what the Games are called? Surviving? There are people that simply avoid danger and make it to the top three or so, but then lose points because they didn't get any kills. Think about the books, Peeta hid in a riverbank for practically the whole Games, then hid in a cave for the rest of it. He didn't really get any kills (if you don't count finishing off Cato's kill and accidently poisoning Foxface), but he still won and got credit for a victory. My point here is that, yes, I agree with Miami here. I think some bonus points should be awarded to top 3 finishers.

DarkDeadDeath96

Survivor
Reaction score
While I agree with both of you, that 1st place is the only winning spot, I also think some bonus points for a top 3 finish would be cool. What about those of us that get to the top three by doing exactly what the Games are called? Surviving? There are people that simply avoid danger and make it to the top three or so, but then lose points because they didn't get any kills. Think about the books, Peeta hid in a riverbank for practically the whole Games, then hid in a cave for the rest of it. He didn't really get any kills (if you don't count finishing off Cato's kill and accidently poisoning Foxface), but he still won and got credit for a victory. My point here is that, yes, I agree with Miami here. I think some bonus points should be awarded to top 3 finishers.
Yes !!! exactly

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
it seems kind of useless because if you play the game the way you're supposed to and you kill people (even if you lose) you're score win increase
You're not "supposed" to kill people. You're supposed to survive. If survival means killing other competitors, then great. If it means running from fights and fending off mobs, then so be it. Survival is survival.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You're not "supposed" to kill people. You're supposed to survive. If survival means killing other competitors, then great. If it means running from fights and fending off mobs, then so be it. Survival is survival.
Im pretty sure "Survive" is a relative term and the whole point of the server is to have a 24 person death match where people kill one another for sport.

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
Im pretty sure "Survive" is a relative term and the whole point of the server is to have a 24 person death match where people kill one another for sport.
If "survive" is a relative term, like you say, then it's relative to the player. To you, "survival" is find and kill other players. To other competitors, "survival" could be to flee the cornucopia at the beginning and avoid other competitors as much as possible. Again, survival is survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci