• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What Do Americans Do On 9/11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaverickMC

Platinum
Reaction score
In America on 9/11, we honor the brave men and women that risked their lives to save others and the 3000+ people that died away from their family.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
I always fear giving my opinion on this because I dont want to offend anybody but this time Ill say it.
I do rekon this was an awful tragedy and in no way I mean to disrespect the US or anyone who lost someone in that incident but... far worse tragedies happened before and after 9/11, yet the only reason it was given huge attention and it was called "The worst tragedy of modern times" (Headings of lots of news papers had that for title) is because it happened in the US.
I can bet you all if something like that would have happened in a 3rd world country like mine or many others, at the most, it would have gotten attention for some months to a year. Want an example? The Haiti earthquake that killed lots of people in that whole country, for an enire year (at the most) everbody was singing "we are the world", there were videos and news about all the help that was being given there, then everybody forgot about it. The worst part is, that country was suffering for extreme poverty way before the earthquake, but lots of people had to die at once for other countries to turn their heads....

I think Ive made my point, you are free to disagree, but I want to clarify again that in no way I intend to bash at the US or its people nor offend anybody sensible about this incident.

OpticFusionz_

Career
Reaction score
Well, i live in NY so it's kinda a bigger deal than other states, (not that NY is better, or anything) but we actually got to see the bell ring at 10:28 and stuff, We talked about who did it, and stuff (like 14 year olds don't know what happened already, gawd..) we put the flag at Half Mast and stuff, so yeah… We also watched videos and stuff.

MaverickMC

Platinum
Reaction score
I always fear giving my opinion on this because I dont want to offend anybody but this time Ill say it.
I do rekon this was an awful tragedy and in no way I mean to disrespect the US or anyone who lost someone in that incident but... far worse tragedies happened before and after 9/11, yet the only reason it was given huge attention and it was called "The worst tragedy of modern times" (Headings of lots of news papers had that for title) is because it happened in the US.
I can bet you all if something like that would have happened in a 3rd world country like mine or many others, at the most, it would have gotten attention for some months to a year. Want an example? The Haiti earthquake that killed lots of people in that whole country, for an enire year (at the most) everbody was singing "we are the world", there were videos and news about all the help that was being given there, then everybody forgot about it. The worst part is, that country was suffering for extreme poverty way before the earthquake, but lots of people had to die at once for other countries to turn their heads....

I think Ive made my point, you are free to disagree, but I want to clarify again that in no way I intend to bash at the US or its people nor offend anybody sensible about this incident.

Although other countries has had tragedies possibly worst than 9/11, it's the patriotism of the country. Many people risked their life to save others and died trying to save others. Over 500,000 Manhattan civilians were rescued by boat to escape lower Manhattan, those people who used their own boats or commanded the ferries risked their own lives to save others. Along with all the fire fighters that risked their lives to rescue people from the towers, who died trying to save others. One of the planes captured, most likely headed for the White House, crash landed in a Pennsylvania field, only because of the reluctance of those passengers. Not to bash other countries, just explaining the Patriotism of The United States.

WilloWizard

Platinum
Reaction score
I posted a picture on Instagram...

Edit - I'm not American though...

J

Joel/MadDawg

I live extremely far away from New York, so remembering 9/11 and mourning aren't as common here. Quite honestly, I did nothing at home or in school today to look back on it. It's not that I don't care, it's just that 9/11 didn't effect me or anyone in my area close to as much as it effected people in New York.

You are 100% right about this. Since the USA is the most influential and powerful country in the world (not to be arrogant, but it is true), something that effects us is broadcasted and heard about more than larger tragedies in poor countries are. There really is no incident in American history that compares to 9/11, so our country uses it's power to tell the world of the saddest day in America's past. I agree with you that it is a shame we don't focus more of our energy on helping people who are experiencing terrible conditions in other countries instead of remembering a day that was no where near as bad. Note - This is not to take away from the horror and tragedy of 9/11, I just think that when you open your eyes to a global scale it is saddening that the USA does not focus more on helping people who are going through terrible tragedies in the present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci