• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate

What is your religion?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
There isn't anything in the bible that says God is a created being. If someone or something were to have created God, then we would have to ask ourselves who or what created God's creator.

It's illogical to say that something was created from nothing. Either God was always there, or matter was always there. There is no way matter could have always existed. That goes against the second law of thermodynamics. If matter has always existed, all the stars in the universe would have burned out by now. Therefore, God is required as a first cause.
And god can reset stars or something? Its weird how people think that something ALWAYS has to come from something. Humans are weird like that. I personally think that things don't need to always have a cause or source. With that logic, where did God come from? I don't see any logic in God existing.

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
And god can reset stars or something? Its weird how people think that something ALWAYS has to come from something. Humans are weird like that. I personally think that things don't need to always have a cause or source. With that logic, where did God come from? I don't see any logic in God existing.
It appears to me that we have found the root disagreement here. From what I understand, you believe matter can come from nothingness. I can see how it would be easy to believe in the big bang (or not believe in God) if you knew that something can come from nothingness. I personally don't see how that is possible because of three simple words: cause and effect.

Let's say a pebble is sitting on the edge of a cliff. Then the pebble falls off of the cliff face. For someone who was not there to witness the pebble falling off the cliff, they would probably say that the wind blew it over or someone or something kicked it off. I would be hard pressed to find someone who said it fell off for no reason. Why? Because there are a number of things that could have caused it to fall off. Unlike the big bang, there seems to be many reasons for the pebble falling off the cliff. If the big bang happened for no reason, then why wouldn't it be perfectly acceptable to say the pebble fell off the cliff for no reason? It seems to me that because Atheists don't have an explanation for the big bang, they say it could have created itself. That said, I have one question for you: If you (somehow) knew that matter couldn't and wouldn't self create (if you will) then would you still believe in the big bang?

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
It appears to me that we have found the root disagreement here. From what I understand, you believe matter can come from nothingness. I can see how it would be easy to believe in the big bang (or not believe in God) if you knew that something can come from nothingness. I personally don't see how that is possible because of three simple words: cause and effect.

Let's say a pebble is sitting on the edge of a cliff. Then the pebble falls off of the cliff face. For someone who was not there to witness the pebble falling off the cliff, they would probably say that the wind blew it over or someone or something kicked it off. I would be hard pressed to find someone who said it fell off for no reason. Why? Because there are a number of things that could have caused it to fall off. Unlike the big bang, there seems to be many reasons for the pebble falling off the cliff. If the big bang happened for no reason, then why wouldn't it be perfectly acceptable to say the pebble fell off the cliff for no reason? It seems to me that because Atheists don't have an explanation for the big bang, they say it could have created itself. That said, I have one question for you: If you (somehow) knew that matter couldn't and wouldn't self create (if you will) then would you still believe in the big bang?
Yep. I would. Something then created the matter. What you say? No idea. All I know is that this is a pointless discussion, because there is no way that either sides of the argument can prove anything. I ask you these two questions. Is there other life? and how large do you think our universe is?

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
I believe in god and also evolution Big Bang etc.
Am I multiclanning with religions?

E

Ephiza

There are really ignorant people at my school that can't take other people's opinions, so ya. Kinda makes me wanna choke them :>

Alright, on topic

(Sadly) my parents force religion onto me, but I highly doubt it's true. In my opinion god doesn't exist. I was talking with some people earlier, and this kid got mad since we thought god didn't exist, but whatever.

If god existed, then why would he not stop Hitler from killing those jews? Why wouldn't he stop America from separating the Japanese? Why wouldn't he feed hungry kids, and keep corruption and politics non-existent?

Animae

Survivor
Reaction score
If god existed, then why would he not stop Hitler from killing those jews? Why wouldn't he stop America from separating the Japanese? Why wouldn't he feed hungry kids, and keep corruption and politics non-existent?
God allows free will, and that's all I'm adding to this conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci