• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Stop with #PrayForParis

Status
Not open for further replies.

PulseRevamped

Survivor
Reaction score
It's not really that either. I'd just say it's ignorance, just purely because the media doesn't give enough attention to the things happening in eastern countries. The reason why Paris got so much media attention is because it's a major city in the west.
Exactly, it's more or less the media's fault.

Borderline

Gold
Reaction score
I disagree, Pakistan and all other countries in the Middle East have had recognition, and also, this is the second time Paris has been under a terrorist attack by the same people this year. This is the harshest attack that has ever occurred since World War Two, and this first time the Eiffel Tower has been shut down since 1888. I do feel bad for all the countries that have suffered, but we really should respect what happens now, which this is a big attack in which is considered a dream city by many, personally, I don't want to visit Europe anytime soon now. If people would like to use the hashtag let them be free to express themselves. :)

Angryjukebox

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is the harshest attack that has ever occurred since World War Two, and this first time the Eiffel Tower has been shut down since 1888.
not to be pedantic, but the lights turn off at 1am every day. The lighting on the Eiffel Tower was installed in 1925. It doesn't take anything away from the horrible events in Paris, but we shouldn't be spreading misinformation.
If we really want to be making a difference, people should provide aid to refugees from these areas. There are plenty of organisations (namely, the UN) that you can donate to or offer support to, and should if you really want to make a difference.

Zeebruh

Experienced
Reaction score
There was a poem written by an indian blogger that went like this:

"It is not Paris we should pray for.
It is the world. It is a world in which Beirut, reeling from bombings two days before Paris, is not covered in the press.
A world in which a bomb goes off at a funeral in Baghdad and not one person's status update says "Baghdad",
because not one white person died in that fire.
"

I think this poem should have been mentioned in this thread, there is more to the poem but I think that verse is the most powerful.

#PrayForTheWorld.​

Borderline

Gold
Reaction score
not to be pedantic, but the lights turn off at 1am every day. The lighting on the Eiffel Tower was installed in 1925. It doesn't take anything away from the horrible events in Paris, but we shouldn't be spreading misinformation.
If we really want to be making a difference, people should provide aid to refugees from these areas. There are plenty of organisations (namely, the UN) that you can donate to or offer support to, and should if you really want to make a difference.
The Eiffel Tower was put into action on January 28, 1887. Anyways, let's just set aside differences and respect the others actions. :D

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Welp, I literally just spent 5 minutes writing a response to this thread, which was just wiped by Google Chrome crashing. Edit: Chrome crashed twice now woohoo

Basically, here's what we all need to keep in mind.

• There is no racism or bias of nationality involved. The France bombings are the most recent acts of terror, and have been widespread by the media
  • So why doesn't everybody send out #PrayForPakistan campaigns? Well, Pakistan does not have a large, influential, or worldwide media influence and it has been involved in conflict with ISIS, same with much of that area, for a long time whereas France has been relatively uninvolved with terror groups of the Middle East and its influence made the attacks more prominent
  • Everyone should be praying for.. Everyone. All people harmed by these attacks have been met with tragedy and deserve our attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci