• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Stop with #PrayForParis

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExtrodinaryMr

Experienced
Reaction score
I've never seen anyone say #PrayForNigeria when around 2000 Nigerians died in a horrible attack carried by Boko Haram (20 times more people than the attacks in Paris), or news coverage from that scale, or Facebook giving the option to have the Nigerian flag to be over our profile picture. Same can be said with the events that happened in Turkey and other places, because that's how the media is sadly.

Sabit

District 13
Reaction score
you know what the only difference between Pakistan and France is that France is a European country, and many countries in Europe have some sort of relation with France that's why they have made a really big deal out of it!

plimpy41

Platinum
Reaction score
i mean at least we're acknowledging something, but god the way we're doing it...

PulseRevamped

Survivor
Reaction score
You totally blew that out of proportion
Well, he's saying that just because they're a peaceful nation, that they deserve more of our prayers and thoughts then the hundreds of people dying in all the other countries being raided by ISIS.

Anyways, I'm really not trying to start flame, so you can leave the thread if you please.

TheOfficialAG

Diamond
Reaction score
Stop with the #PrayForParis, or honor all the countries that are being bombed by ISIS. Why do we only pray for France, and not places like Pakistan, that being bombed all the time by ISIS? Because the media is not choosing to cover those events. But the truth is that we are being very very racist when we say #PrayForParis. Why not #PrayForPakistan? Pakistan and other nearby countries are being bombed constantly by ISIS, and they show up on the news for a second or two, but our whole country doesn't go into a state of mourn. Why is that?

#PrayForParis is one of the most racist things I've ever heard. Of course my thoughts are with Paris. But they are also with the other countries that are getting bombed constantly. And it's not only #PrayForParis, it's everyone changing their profile pictures to have a France flag overlay. Absolutely disgusting to pick only one country to honor.

I am not dissing those that say #PrayForParis, just simply saying that there are lots of other countries being bombed and shot up by ISIS, why not pray for them too?

My thoughts are with the people of France.

Feel free to leave your thoughts below.
How is it "Racist" saying #PrayForParis?

Racist means: a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
(France isn't a race)

The reason why people are saying it is because this was probably the worst bombing so far that has been reported.

Also I am not disagreeing with because I think its stupid too but that's the world these days, people don't care about 3rd world countries or any country in fact.

PulseRevamped

Survivor
Reaction score
The media gives people coverage of what they want. If the people wanted more media coverage of the other events they would deliver. It's not their fault, they are just trying to run a successful business.
Very true, which is what I find just cringe-worthy.

Last edited:

NotCanziano

Diamond
Reaction score
I know the definition of racism, I should have used a different word there. Basically what I mean, is almost nationality-ist, if thats a thing. My bad.
It's not really that either. I'd just say it's ignorance, just purely because the media doesn't give enough attention to the things happening in eastern countries. The reason why Paris got so much media attention is because it's a major city in the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci