• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Should clans be removed or more strictly monitored?

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
Well considering that I have never joined a competitive clan before, I have been exempt from the kind of madness that comes out from clans. Yes clans can cause problems, but it is the people in the clan that are to blame, not the whole clan community based on the actions of a few clan members. When you really look at it, the amount of people launching DDoS attacks or harassing players is only a fraction of the total amount of people in clans. I don't want to remove clans because it adds a fun element to the game, allowing people to show there skills in clan battles and other forms of clan activities. What I do want to see is much more enforcement of the rules, at times the rules are too soft when it comes to certain acts. I think there should be an absolute no harassment allowed rule, none of this first time warning nonsense.

Yes clans are competitive, and competitiveness can lead to people doing things that are against the rules, but targeting clans is the wrong approach, you need to target the rule breakers instead of the innocent clans.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I don't personally think clans should be flat out removed, but I think a small minority of competitive clan players need to consider changing their overall online persona/personality. On top of that, rules should be MUCH stricter once the official clan leaderboards are put up. Something baffling that I noticed that is always tied up with the word "competitive" is that people think it's hilariously great/funny to bash others. Competition isn't about humiliating your competitors, it's about challenging yourself to be the best all around person out there on the playing field.

The sad part is, I'm seeing certain players who think it's fine to act like complete assholes online to their peers, even acting awful to them simply because they were beat. Shouldn't that make you treat them with absolute respect? I can absolutely guarantee that the general majority of the guys who do indeed act like this are probably grossly socially awkward in real life situations. I find that it's usually those types that find the internet to be the perfect place for them to act like (what they think) their IRL peers or even bullies act like, but in a bit of a cooler form.. Which in reality isn't cool at all. They all don't realize that they are doing this over a Minecraft community. In what effed up world is it cool to bully and make fun of someone who enjoys the same hobby as you? It's just so mind boggling to me that people think they're being funny by being an asshole to others.

As for DDoSing, I won't go to deep into this. But I'd suggest to the teenagers who are doing this frequently, or at all, to stop. You're the worst kinds of people to me. I'm coming closer to graduating University and getting my bachelors in Computer Science, and have put MANY hours into coding and security testing/research, along with my CS peers and friends. We see skiddies who DDoS (or in some terms actually pay the real attackers to do it) and laugh, because your good ol' service provider will be sending a nice letter to your parents soon enough threatening to cut your service, and then doing so. Just don't do it, because eventually you will DoS someone who actually knows how to screw you over one thousand times worse.
Agree 120%.

Last edited:

McOrange

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If clans weren't around people like me would never have met good friends and would quit mcsg.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I just wanted to take a moment from the discussion and say good job keeping this flame free. I realize it is a very controversial topic.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
I would suggest changing the title of this thread, as the current one will cause people to answer without even reading the thead. Which based on the two first responses, proves to have already happened.

TheMaskedDomo

Experienced
Reaction score
Clans are all that's fun in mcsg when the average player is much worse than you. It provides something competitive and enjoyable. Besides, getting rid of clans doesn't get rid of assholes. They're everywhere
All the people aren't assholes they're just excited because they're with their friends and clan mates. It's just emotions and aggressiveness going through their veins. Plus teenage boys are getting hit with puberty and hormones which tends to make them more aggressive. I hope that made sense to you.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
All the people aren't assholes they're just excited because they're with their friends and clan mates. It's just emotions and aggressiveness going through their veins. Plus teenage boys are getting hit with puberty and hormones which tends to make them more aggressive. I hope that made sense to you.
There is no excuse for cyber bulling. Period.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Give your opinion on the topic with some thought. One word doesn't really mean anything. I just wanted to hear his reasoning for saying no that's all.
You realize that the name of your thread is "Please remove clans" right? Does anyone really need to read anything else on the thread?

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
You realize that the name of your thread is "Please remove clans" right? Does anyone really need to read anything else on the thread?
I have changed the name. A few have requested it.
Edit: Well, I don't ever reply to a thread without reading their points first. That is like reading a book by just looking at the cover. You need to give it a chance, and who knows maybe they change your mind.

TheMaskedDomo

Experienced
Reaction score
There is no excuse for cyber bulling. Period.

done
I know.
I lost respect for the people who did what they did to Floop but you have to understand that they are a bunch of hormone invested boys who were probably turned on at the time and, if you're turned on it is almost impossible to think straight.
I want clans removed and there is no room for cyber bullying my opinion.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
I know.
I lost respect for the people who did what they did to Floop but you have to understand that they are a bunch of hormone invested boys who were probably turned on at the time and, if you're turned on it is almost impossible to think straight.
I want clans removed and there is no room for cyber bullying my opinion.
Read this 5 times and honestly I have no clue what your point is. Most of us stick to ourselves and interact only with other clans. You can remove clans but it isn't going to solve the problem, if anything it is going to make it worse.

The argument of this thread is comparable to someone saying that the servers should be closed because certain players hack.

TheMaskedDomo

Experienced
Reaction score
Read this 5 times and honestly I have no clue what your point is. Most of us stick to ourselves and interact only with other clans. You can remove clans but it isn't going to solve the problem, if anything it is going to make it worse.

The argument of this thread is comparable to someone saying that the servers should be closed because certain players hack.
1. I don't know what the hell I was trying to prove there.
2. Didn't see it like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci