• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Remove Flint & Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Flint & Steel takes a shocking amount of skill to use. Many times you'll get pushed into it or simply miss, and more often than not you end up wasting precious PvP time using it. It's not really OP unless your fighting someone really good with it (or with a lot of it...). It's a great tool for team killing, and if you are good enough with it can change the game. It adds an interesting risk vs. reward element when using it, and is an interesting gameplay mechanic. It gives someone without a great sword or amazing PvP skills a chance.
Your logic is basically that only someone with full iron and a diamond sword can win, which is silly, to stay on the top you need an array of skills, from PvP to defense, which includes F&S dodging. If a player turns around in front of you and pulls out an F&S, back step and strafe around the fire, they should only be able to light 4 - 5. Honestly mid-fight flint and steeling usual doesn't work if the prey is paying attention, dodging the fire allows for some very easy hits before the attacker runs.
All in all, no they shouldn't be removed, although making them slightly less common is okay. They add an interesting new element to the game, which is a challenge to both use and avoid.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Who cares if they are less common, I just get a billion flint and iron and make 20 flint and steels.

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Flint
Flint & Steel takes a shocking amount of skill to use. Many times you'll get pushed into it or simply miss, and more often than not you end up wasting precious PvP time using it. It's not really OP unless your fighting someone really good with it (or with a lot of it...). It's a great tool for team killing, and if you are good enough with it can change the game. It adds an interesting risk vs. reward element when using it, and is an interesting gameplay mechanic. It gives someone without a great sword or amazing PvP skills a chance.
Your logic is basically that only someone with full iron and a diamond sword can win, which is silly, to stay on the top you need an array of skills, from PvP to defense, which includes F&S dodging. If a player turns around in front of you and pulls out an F&S, back step and strafe around the fire, they should only be able to light 4 - 5. Honestly mid-fight flint and steeling usual doesn't work if the prey is paying attention, dodging the fire allows for some very easy hits before the attacker runs.
All in all, no they shouldn't be removed, although making them slightly less common is okay. They add an interesting new element to the game, which is a challenge to both use and avoid.
flint "n" steel is used defensivly for getting away it slows the player down

Reaction score
Flint
flint "n" steel is used defensivly for getting away it slows the player down
I know, I was basing my response off of what he said. He considered Flint n' Steel OP for it's offensive purposes, not the defensive one you stated.

snoopyk9

Diamond
Reaction score
Dude get your facts right THEY ARE ONLY IN TIR TWO'S
Unless they changed it again and I haven't noticed, in which case I no longer have much of a complaint or argument, and we can all shut up, yes?

snoopyk9

Diamond
Reaction score
This guy is able to convince me more than anyone else. I don't think anybody else will have more valid points than his, so lets be done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci