• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Remove Flint & Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopyk9

Diamond
Reaction score
Lets face it, whether you want to keep the item in or not, flint & steel is way to OP. It takes little skill to use, half blinds you, slows you down, and takes down a quarter of your health. With minimal skill, somebody with full leather and a wooden axe could kill somebody in full iron with a diamond sword, all it takes is lighting them on fire a few times, and hitting them the rest of the way... or lighting them on fire again! You just have to know how to sprint jump away, turn around, and right click a block, and vuala, you win. The most irritating part is, if you're chasing somebody, it's pretty difficult to light them on fire and slow them down, and it's the easiest thing in the world for them to turn around and kill you with it. And refrain from telling me "just go around it," because if you're hounding after somebody as fast as you can, you aren't always going to be able to stop at 1 or 2 blocks notice. We've all been killed, directly or indirectly, by flint & steel, and we all know it's annoying as Good. Thoughts?
*Edit: Since people seem to have such negative thoughts about the complete removal, I'd like to propose the thought of them being less common. In other words, only in T2 chests like before. By the way, stop saying the same thing over and over again. I've heard the "tactics/strategy" side of the argument at least 5 times in this topic.

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Flint and steel from what I know only has 4 uses.

AlLuc

Career
Reaction score
I think it is very balanced, it only is available via tier 2s (which it used to be) so you don't get them often like before, and if you don't have one, you craft it wasting a precious iron and flint, I think it is fine the way it is now but if you having trouble getting lit by people here is some tips:
  1. Stay a bit back when chasing after a guy you think will FnS you, so if they do that you will see the fire easier and be able to avoid it much easier and gain much more distance on the runner, and the runner has no FnS now.
  2. Punch the ground, it puts out the fire.

snoopyk9

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey, kids saying no, how about you give a reason.

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
I like flint in steel. It can change the way the game would end in an instant. I am not good with it but when I get lucky I can pull out a kill.

plimpy41

Platinum
Reaction score
No......just no..it is the key for taking out 4 people teams.

AlLuc

Career
Reaction score
But sometimes it can be a lifesaver, especially against teams of 3, it can even out the odds of whose gonna win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci