• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Remade Thread] Taking Avatar/Drawing Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courrage

Experienced
Reaction score
Well that is just unfortunate, I hope thing go good for you Joker. /:

simonwilson123

Survivor
Reaction score
IGN (caps sensitive): simonwilson123
Pose: jumping ontu AntVenom with a sword around his neck
Expression: MWHAHAH DIE ANTVENOM
Background: AntVenom Bathing then I jump on top of him from a cliff
Other Info (optional): bow around my back, iron chestplate, gold helmet, diamond sword

Courrage

Experienced
Reaction score
IGN (caps sensitive): simonwilson123
Pose: jumping ontu AntVenom with a sword around his neck
Expression: MWHAHAH DIE ANTVENOM
Background: AntVenom Bathing then I jump on top of him from a cliff
Other Info (optional): bow around my back, iron chestplate, gold helmet, diamond sword
You know she is making you pay right?

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Welp, that's quite unfortunate Joker. It must hurt to have someone just ignore your work, even though you spent the time, effort, and patience into making it. Hate to be a downer, but holding commissions won't entirely get rid of this problem, but it'll work. Your avatars are worth paying for regardless.

Sixorr

Diamond
Reaction score
So how much are they now? And where do we buy them?

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
Understandable decision. I see this happen very often and to avoid doing it myself, I add old avatars to my signature to still appreciate the artist.

Flyer

Roll Tide
Reaction score
Well, I understand what your meaning for this and it's fine. Your shop and your choice. At least I know I'm one of the 15 people that actually used it though. :D

Conrado

Tribute
Reaction score
Aww... i was really looking forward to my avatar :( But, hope you turn out well

ToeKnee

District 13
Reaction score
>>>IMPORTANT NOTICE<<<

Although it has been a good run, I am no longer doing free requests. My reasoning behind this is that I feel my work is not used by many who request. I spend an average of one and a half hours on each one, yet many requestees go on and request from other artists after only a few days. Out of the 31 requests I have drawn, approximately 15 are actually used. Thus, I have decided to cease wasting my time for a useless cause. I wanted to do good for the community, but I think my efforts have been in vain. If you want to prove that my avatar is actually worth something to you, I am now accepting commissions only.

This is something that I never wanted to do, refused to do even. But now I see what people have been trying to tell me all along- I'm being used. With the recent increase of Minecraft artists in the community, I am no longer needed here. I find that many of the other artists are actually very arrogant when they have done nothing to prove themselves or their talents, and personally I consider them a disgrace due to their attitudes. Do not hold yourself higher than others because you think you can draw. Be humble, not boastful.

Furthermore, to the requesters who ended up not using my avatars:

I realize that it was a given. My avatars will not be used forever. However, to go on and use an avatar that had significantly less effort put into it is a stab at my pride. This really applies to most artists. To request on another thread after we draw you an avatar is the same as saying ours was not good enough. Some of us actually put time into these, work on every detail, redo each line. Yet you feel that you can throw our work away like it took us no time at all? Truly offensive.

My apologies.
-Jokers
Well i was hoping for my avatar ): But i agree people should appreciate your art more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci