• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Remade Thread] Taking Avatar/Drawing Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

era

Experienced
Reaction score
IGN (caps sensitive): hermanhals
Pose: Hanging from a branch? :p
Expression: Happeh
Background: Jungle
Other Info (optional): Thank you :)

friedfred

Career
Reaction score
I just wanna change mine
IGN (caps sensitive): friedfred
Pose: leaning against a wall wile my hand crossed
Expression:winking
Background: herobrine leaning on a diamond sword and every thing else is white but a painting on the wall with a bacca
Blocky or Nonblocky?: Blocky.
Other Info no

Toa-Rex

Career
Reaction score
IGN (caps sensitive): toajayden100
Pose: Laying down
Expression: kinda a smerky smile
Background: Grass
Other Info (optional): have Diamond boots on if you can and holding a iron sword behind my head

JokersMaze

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
>>>IMPORTANT NOTICE<<<

Although it has been a good run, I am no longer doing free requests. My reasoning behind this is that I feel my work is not used by many who request. I spend an average of one and a half hours on each one, yet many requestees go on and request from other artists after only a few days. Out of the 31 requests I have drawn, approximately 15 are actually used. Thus, I have decided to cease wasting my time for a useless cause. I wanted to do good for the community, but I think my efforts have been in vain. If you want to prove that my avatar is actually worth something to you, I am now accepting commissions only.

This is something that I never wanted to do, refused to do even. But now I see what people have been trying to tell me all along- I'm being used. With the recent increase of Minecraft artists in the community, I am no longer needed here. I find that many of the other artists are actually very arrogant when they have done nothing to prove themselves or their talents, and personally I consider them a disgrace due to their attitudes. Do not hold yourself higher than others because you think you can draw. Be humble, not boastful.

Furthermore, to the requesters who ended up not using my avatars:

I realize that it was a given. My avatars will not be used forever. However, to go on and use an avatar that had significantly less effort put into it is a stab at my pride. This really applies to most artists. To request on another thread after we draw you an avatar is the same as saying ours was not good enough. Some of us actually put time into these, work on every detail, redo each line. Yet you feel that you can throw our work away like it took us no time at all? Truly offensive.

My apologies.
-Jokers

Spike11

District 13
Reaction score
>>>IMPORTANT NOTICE<<<

Although it has been a good run, I am no longer doing free requests. My reasoning behind this is that I feel my work is not used by many who request. I spend an average of one and a half hours on each one, yet many requestees go on and request from other artists after only a few days. Out of the 31 requests I have drawn, approximately 15 are actually used. Thus, I have decided to cease wasting my time for a useless cause. I wanted to do good for the community, but I think my efforts have been in vain. If you want to prove that my avatar is actually worth something to you, I am now accepting commissions only.

This is something that I never wanted to do, refused to do even. But now I see what people have been trying to tell me all along- I'm being used. With the recent increase of Minecraft artists in the community, I am no longer needed here. I find that many of the other artists are actually very arrogant when they have done nothing to prove themselves or their talents, and personally I consider them a disgrace due to their attitudes. Do not hold yourself higher than others because you think you can draw. Be humble, not boastful.

Furthermore, to the requesters who ended up not using my avatars:

I realize that it was a given. My avatars will not be used forever. However, to go on and use an avatar that had significantly less effort put into it is a stab at my pride. This really applies to most artists. To request on another thread after we draw you an avatar is the same as saying ours was not good enough. Some of us actually put time into these, work on every detail, redo each line. Yet you feel that you can throw our work away like it took us no time at all? Truly offensive.

My apologies.
-Jokers
I understand that you are probably fustrated with people not using your fab work, but thanks for making them, they really are amazing, I wish people were more grateful

Spike11

District 13
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the 6o or so butthurt people to complain or try and make you feel bad.
She doesnt get respect and I just cant wait for those people
Do you think someone should close the thread so we dont have to listen to the 60 butthurt people?

XPandaXzX

Survivor
Reaction score
She doesnt get respect and I just cant wait for those people
Do you think someone should close the thread so we dont have to listen to the 60 butthurt people?
When did I EVER once say she should close the thread? I've been supporting her to make this commission due to the fact she is used and taken advantage of. Please explain where I said "Close the thread so we don't have to listen to 60 butthurt people"

Spike11

District 13
Reaction score
When did I EVER once say she should close the thread? I've been supporting her to make this commission due to the fact she is used and taken advantage of. Please explain where I said "Close the thread so we don't have to listen to 60 butthurt people"
Well there will be a lot of complaining, cuz we all know the immatureness of some people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci