• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Remade Thread] Taking Avatar/Drawing Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike11

District 13
Reaction score
...You didn't answer my question.
I try ; - ;
When people complain, its just annoying and uncalled for because its their problem they don't appreciate Jokers work, and just people complaining it would just be sorta easier to lock the thread

Reaction score
I try ; - ;
When people complain, its just annoying and uncalled for because its their problem they don't appreciate Jokers work, and just people complaining it would just be sorta easier to lock the thread
It is much easier to complain than to be complained on. ;)

Glad to see you make this decision Joker. Keep it uhp.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
>>>IMPORTANT NOTICE<<<

Although it has been a good run, I am no longer doing free requests. My reasoning behind this is that I feel my work is not used by many who request. I spend an average of one and a half hours on each one, yet many requestees go on and request from other artists after only a few days. Out of the 31 requests I have drawn, approximately 15 are actually used. Thus, I have decided to cease wasting my time for a useless cause. I wanted to do good for the community, but I think my efforts have been in vain. If you want to prove that my avatar is actually worth something to you, I am now accepting commissions only.

This is something that I never wanted to do, refused to do even. But now I see what people have been trying to tell me all along- I'm being used. With the recent increase of Minecraft artists in the community, I am no longer needed here. I find that many of the other artists are actually very arrogant when they have done nothing to prove themselves or their talents, and personally I consider them a disgrace due to their attitudes. Do not hold yourself higher than others because you think you can draw. Be humble, not boastful.

Furthermore, to the requesters who ended up not using my avatars:

I realize that it was a given. My avatars will not be used forever. However, to go on and use an avatar that had significantly less effort put into it is a stab at my pride. This really applies to most artists. To request on another thread after we draw you an avatar is the same as saying ours was not good enough. Some of us actually put time into these, work on every detail, redo each line. Yet you feel that you can throw our work away like it took us no time at all? Truly offensive.

My apologies.
-Jokers
No need to apologise, there are people who used your avatars for what, a few days, then changed to a somewhat ugly one instead. I can't see myself changing the avatar you drew for me unless I draw something myself that I feel really proud of, and on that note, I need to thank you for inspiring me to actually go out and buy a drawing tablet.
Thanks again for the avatar, I really appriciate the time and effort it took to draw it.

shootingsignals

Survivor
Reaction score
Best of luck Joker, you're definitely one of the best I've seen around these forums and elsewhere I guess other people sometimes just don't appreciate the hard work you put in which is a huge shame. Wise descision I have to say and once again I wish you the best of luck :)

NorthStar

Career
Reaction score
>>>IMPORTANT NOTICE<<<

Although it has been a good run, I am no longer doing free requests. My reasoning behind this is that I feel my work is not used by many who request. I spend an average of one and a half hours on each one, yet many requestees go on and request from other artists after only a few days. Out of the 31 requests I have drawn, approximately 15 are actually used. Thus, I have decided to cease wasting my time for a useless cause. I wanted to do good for the community, but I think my efforts have been in vain. If you want to prove that my avatar is actually worth something to you, I am now accepting commissions only.

This is something that I never wanted to do, refused to do even. But now I see what people have been trying to tell me all along- I'm being used. With the recent increase of Minecraft artists in the community, I am no longer needed here. I find that many of the other artists are actually very arrogant when they have done nothing to prove themselves or their talents, and personally I consider them a disgrace due to their attitudes. Do not hold yourself higher than others because you think you can draw. Be humble, not boastful.

I realize that it was a given. My avatars will not be used forever. However, to go on and use an avatar that had significantly less effort put into it is a stab at my pride. This really applies to most artists. To request on another thread after we draw you an avatar is the same as saying ours was not good enough. Some of us actually put time into these, work on every detail, redo each line. Yet you feel that you can throw our work away like it took us no time at all? Truly offensive.

My apologies.
-Jokers
That's a good choice Joker.

It is a waste of time making something with lots of effort only to have it practically tossed in the trash. Though I did enjoy looking at the avatars you made, and was interested to see what mine would eventually look like (not that I'm complaining).

Keep up the good work!

K259864

Career
Reaction score
>>>IMPORTANT NOTICE<<<

My apologies.
-Jokers
But mine was next. :(

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
>>>IMPORTANT NOTICE<<<

My apologies.
-Jokers
Alright. But I'm sure in many of the cases, including mine when it would have come along, I like seeing what other people make of my skin and, no matter how good it is, I want to use it to show off the other artist's skill. I don't just not want to use an avatar someone else also put time into making. Once I think the other avatar has sunk in, I switch back to my favourite avatar and use that one until I get another one. But I completely understand what you mean.

XPandaXzX

Survivor
Reaction score
I try ; - ;
Yet no ones explained except for K25somthingoranother. Closing it would be stupid.

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
I completely support you on this decision. While your avatars obviously look a whole lot better than mine, I still feel hurt when people immediately switch their avatar. Even in one case, somebody waited a whole month for an avatar, I spent around two hours making it, then they never even used it. Not once. They immediately switched to an avatar somebody else made them.

Bit by bit, this really starts to get to you. I know that I've repeated things like: "you're not wanted." "Nobody likes your work." "They can't even use the avatar you spent loads of time on." This was about half of the reason that I stopped openly taking requests, but I feel that my avatars still simply aren't good enough to be payed for.

But thinking back on it, somebody never even using my avatar was the reason I met you. Back in my first weeks as an artist, Swan asked me for an avatar identical to Eshan's. So, I made him an avatar identical to Eshan's. When I saw that he was using a really good avatar, I was curious to see who made it, even though I was quite frustrated at the fact that he said "I didn't make what he was looking for." He told me it was somebody named JokersMaze, so I decided to search your name. After a couple weeks, we started skype chatting, then I joined your clan, then blah blah blah.

I also remember two people encouraging you to only take commissions ;)

I hope that everything goes well with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci