• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Rate the New MCSG Maps, thinking thread

wronsiski

Career
Reaction score
Wyvern's Wake: 10/10 Ah, I love the good ol' feel of imagination and majestical feelings! This map brings back some memories from World of Warcraft (don't know why?) and Skyrim. Although, and I don't know if this is mean to be, one of the "Wyverns" at the spawn is actually a dragon. Wyverns don't have arms - only feet and wings, while dragons have both feet and arms.
D'aaww Thank you, yeah Wyvern's wake rhymes, there area a variety of dragons and Wyverns throughout.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just one thing : I don't think it is fair to be giving the new breezes such good feedback , and saying how amazing they are - When really very little work went into them and they are still getting more love then maps that - may not be the best - but took lots of work to create. I , personally , would be insulted if my map was on that list and the new breezes where being loved , when all they did was replace water with lava/ice and add a couple of nice builds. They shouldn't be getting much credit for it as they completely copied static. I just don't like to see maps being added when barely any effort was put into them. This is just my opinion and I dont want an argument and I'm not hating on the creators of the maps as they are clearly talented builders , I just think it was cheap , and a quick idea to get a map into MCSG.
static_nightmare I would like your opinion on the new breezes and if it irritates you in any way.

Redjosepie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Freeze: 1 Because it sucks.

Demon: 2 Because it's like freeze, I just like it a bit more though.

Holiday Resort OVAR 9001!!!!! I really like this map!

Valleyside 10/10

Wyverns wake: 7/10

Sam

Destroyer of Worlds
Reaction score
Wyvern's wake is awesome just sayin' i even placed a block or two in it so yeah...Play it more an you will appreciate it more.

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
Demon's Breeze - 4/10, lava kills computers.
Wyvern's Wake - 2/10, Why... Did they add this. Asiagamesv2
My computer works just fine on Demons Breeze, I guess to solve this is to turn the Minecraft volume down. Also, I think Wyvern's Wake is FAR from being as bad as Asia Games, Wyvern's Wake is playable, if it was Asia Games v2, it would have to be 50% randomly generated terrain, which it's not.

EdtheG

Career
Reaction score
Wyvern's Wake is an amazing map,I'm yet to lose on it, Valleyside Universite is fun to play because of all the tier 2's but the bug where you don't get items when you kill someone is annoying, holiday resort and demon breeze aren't bad... but I don't like freeze island, you can't use flint and steels and I generally don't like fighting on ice. They are have cool builds though :3

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just one thing : I don't think it is fair to be giving the new breezes such good feedback , and saying how amazing they are - When really very little work went into them and they are still getting more love then maps that - may not be the best - but took lots of work to create. I , personally , would be insulted if my map was on that list and the new breezes where being loved , when all they did was replace water with lava/ice and add a couple of nice builds. They shouldn't be getting much credit for it as they completely copied static. I just don't like to see maps being added when barely any effort was put into them. This is just my opinion and I dont want an argument and I'm not hating on the creators of the maps as they are clearly talented builders , I just think it was cheap , and a quick idea to get a map into MCSG.
static_nightmare I would like your opinion on the new breezes and if it irritates you in any way.
just saying that the other 2 maps took a lot of work be-leave me i helped on a little bit of them so please do not say that little work has been done when you yourself did not see the work that went in to them thank you.

Mr_Tibbels

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well i can't play any of the new maps, because apparently a 3.3 GPA isn't good enough:(

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
If you guys don't know what I'm looking for, I'm looking for something like this:

Freeze Island: [Rating]/10- [Description of why you rated it that]

Demons Breeze: [Rating]/10- [Description of why you rated it that]

Valleyside University: [Rating]/10- [Description of why you rated it that]

Holiday Resort: [Rating]/10- [Description of why you rated it that]

Wyvern's Wake: [Rating]/10- [Description of why you rated it that]

Something like that, and if you need examples, look at Captain Dak's post, hope this helped.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Freeze island: 9/10-
I really like this map.
I love the builds, especially Le0 's dragon, and @krackans 's squid.
The 'storyline' Freeze island provides adds so much more to the map, and tunes up the esthetic by a significant amount. The additional buildings add so much to the map, its crazy.
The only problem I have is the ice, but at the same time, it's not a very big issue for me. I don't usually get bothered by the different terrain fights, because it changes things up from the normal flat, steady terrain PVP.
The only reason the ice is even a slight issue, is because I can't use FnS, which I tend to heavily rely on.
Overall, great map. Nice job whoever worked on this map ;)

Demons Breeze: 7/10-
This map has an awesome theme, and great gameplay. Others would, as you can clearly see in this thread, beg to differ, but, in my opinion, this is a pretty good map.
The gameplay is fun because its different. With all the lava, you have to be twice as cautious as you usually would, and it really adds an extra, fun layer of suspense to an already suspenseful game.
The theme is pretty cool, considering it plays on the fact Breeze is a lot of people's worst nightmare ;).
Overall, another great map. Props to whoever worked on it ;)

Valleyside University: 10/10-
Awesome gameplay, great chest placement, map 'flow', and modern, relatable map theme.
This map is one of my favorites, one reason being how well the whole map seems to 'flow' and fit together, every building seeming to fit exactly where it is on the map.
The chest placement is awesome, everything makes sense.
Another thing that makes this map so popular, is its modern, relatable theme. 99% of us can relate to going to school at one point in our lives, and it just seems to click.
Yet another fantastic map. Props to TeamKosmish ;)

Holiday Resort: 10/10-
This map is fantastic, especially considering that it was essentially created by one person.
The builds are awesome, and the map brings a new theme to the table. I love maps that carry a new persona, something that hasn't been done before, and this one did just that-- and did it well.
As I said before, the builds are really good, and feel surreal.
Nice job, Simey.

Wyverns wake: 7/10-
Despite the fact everyone seems to hate this map, I quite like it.
The builds are awesome, absolutely love the ogres and dragons strewn about.
While the terraforming just seemed slightly off to me, it was overall, well out together with amazing builds.
Props to wronsiski, and anyone else who may have helped him.

An additional note~
While this is an Opinion thread, please be nice. Don't say "Eww that map Is so horrible, why is it on MCSG?". Doesn't matter how bad it is, that's disrespectful, and mean.
The mapmaker(s) worked incredibly hard to make this map for YOU, the community, and it has to hurt to have it thrown back in their face.
I understand if you don't like something, just give constructive criticism, or legitimate reasons as to why, said in a nice manner, rather then "Eww, it's so bad".
Consider that.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
My computer works just fine on Demons Breeze, I guess to solve this is to turn the Minecraft volume down. Also, I think Wyvern's Wake is FAR from being as bad as Asia Games, Wyvern's Wake is playable, if it was Asia Games v2, it would have to be 50% randomly generated terrain, which it's not.
This is my opinion, I'm not forcing it onto you.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
just saying that the other 2 maps took a lot of work be-leave me i helped on a little bit of them so please do not say that little work has been done when you yourself did not see the work that went in to them thank you.
I get your point , but not nearly as much work went into the breezes , then the other maps. I'm not saying that the builds arent epic , which they are , Im saying they shouldn't be maps , or at least other people should appreciate the other 4 maps that where added. Anyway this is just my single opinion. Don't take offence.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci