• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Optifine against the rules.

Should Optifine be against the rules?

• Yes, its unfair

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • No, I think its perfectly fine

Votes: 52 77.6%
  • I have it so Im gonna say its fair

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

broman349

Tribute
Reaction score
If it is already tell me. Optifine may make Minecraft run better but it allows players to zoom. Zooming can ruin the game. Say I wanna be stealth and I crouch behind a tree and stick out a tiny bit. The person sees me. He zooms and sees that it is me. If he doesn't have Optifine he would have to go over and check it out for himself and then I could sneak attack him somewhat. NOT FAIR. Make Optifine against the rules.

BottleGnomes

Tribute
Reaction score
If you read the rules using the optifine zoom is against the rules but you can still have it. There's nothing you can do but go on someones word.

Vhaly

Experienced
Reaction score
Well, I think 50% of the players use Optifine so...

C

clankstar

Optifine greatly improves performance. I use it myself to go from about 40FPS to 80FPS, with in my opinion is a great increase. Optifine zoom is cheaty, but we can't simply ban the whole mod because of it.

qqopp

Experienced
Reaction score
I've heard of people who use the zoom tool to find their teammates at the beginning of the game on the platforms. When you're on a 48 player server, it's hard to find your teammates unassisted by the zoom tool. That's the only time when I really see the tool useful, or necessary. Otherwise, it's just another tool in the game.

iZoneSe7en

Spectator
Reaction score
ii don't see the problem with finding who your team is on the 48. but like standing on a building looking down is a bit bad.

broman349

Tribute
Reaction score
But finding your teammate is another challenge of the game. People probably do still zoom
Better to ban the mod than take the risks. I don't like hacks, good or bad. I find it unfair that people CAN still zoom. My opinion stays. Ban it.

Vhaly

Experienced
Reaction score
How do you want to find players with OptiFine installed ?

Rabbidfan236

Tribute
Reaction score
So if zooming is against the rules... then is playing in HD against the rules too?

I think you're just over reacting. Get Optifine if you want to be fairly matched so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci