• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Optifine against the rules.

Should Optifine be against the rules?

• Yes, its unfair

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • No, I think its perfectly fine

Votes: 52 77.6%
  • I have it so Im gonna say its fair

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrowHH

Tribute
Reaction score
Well then you can say that having a bigger screen is cheating. I'm on a 13" screen and have a lot harder to see further away than someone with a 20" screen, that's why I sometimes use the zoom in optifine.

broman349

Tribute
Reaction score
Well then you can say that having a bigger screen is cheating. I'm on a 13" screen and have a lot harder to see further away than someone with a 20" screen, that's why I sometimes use the zoom in optifine.
U just admitted to breaking the rules. Zooming is already against the rules. But u can't catch someone unless they admit ti it like you just did.

broman349

Tribute
Reaction score
I see your points but Im not gonna use it cause downloading any hint slows your computer down more It won't slow Minecraft down but it could slow your computer. I stick to my opinion.

Reaction score
Why doesn't just everyone install and use it then? o.o Then it's even across the board and no one has an unfair advantage. I have it to boost my FPS but wouldn't even be able to make much use out of it in a game like that anyway tbh.

CrowHH

Tribute
Reaction score
U just admitted to breaking the rules. Zooming is already against the rules. But u can't catch someone unless they admit ti it like you just did.
Rules = "Anything outside of a vanilla client that provides an unfair advantage (x-ray, minimap, radar's, forcefields, speedhacking, ect.) is considered modded or hacked! If you use mods to increase your FPS or textures like the watermod, it's OK! We just dont like the ones where you modify your characters performance."

I made an argument saying that zooming isn't an unfair advantage, because it isn't in my opinion. But if a moderator tells me to stop using it, I will. But I've said that I'm using the zoom in optifine to several moderators, and no one has ever said anything against it.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Exactly. You just can't stop people from using optifine. I think this thread should just be locked now.

Dean

Career
Reaction score
I say no, purely because it's the only reason I can play with my friends. See, all my friends have bad computers, and the only way they can run minecraft remotely smooth is by OptiFine.

Dean

Career
Reaction score
If it is already tell me. Optifine may make Minecraft run better but it allows players to zoom. Zooming can ruin the game. Say I wanna be stealth and I crouch behind a tree and stick out a tiny bit. The person sees me. He zooms and sees that it is me. If he doesn't have Optifine he would have to go over and check it out for himself and then I could sneak attack him somewhat. NOT FAIR. Make Optifine against the rules.
I understand why you don't like it, but if it annoys you so much, why don't you use it? The worst it can do is increase your performance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci