• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Optifine against the rules.

Should Optifine be against the rules?

• Yes, its unfair

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • No, I think its perfectly fine

Votes: 52 77.6%
  • I have it so Im gonna say its fair

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

schnikes

Career
Reaction score
I had to remove Optifine because after half an hour it would start slowing down my entire computer. Apparently it was hogging all of my Ram which resulted in reduced FPS and several freezes as time went on. Only when i closed Minecraft and waited for 2 minutes did everything go back to normal.

A bit off-topic but meh. Minecraft is still playable without it but it would of been nice if i could see it actually working.
What's your computer's RAM? A recommended RAM for MC is anything above 1-2 GB of RAM, although I manage with a little less than 1 GB :)

LemonBro3

Tribute
Reaction score
Most player use OptiFine, so their goes a lot of players. Also, OptiFine isn't meant for just the zoom, but it is meant to improve performance issues. Last, it would be really hard to catch people who zoom. Unless they say themselves that they zoomed in on you, then it is almost impossible to catch them.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't really see how zooming on in people is an advantage through, I can see people far away running perfectly fine without it. And even when you use zoom, wouldn't it give you a temporary disadvantage if you were attacked?

KillerFish713

Survivor
Reaction score
Sorry - But this is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on here... OptiFine cannot decrease FPS, at all, no matter what you say back to this. So what, he saw you peeking out - big deal. If he wanted to investigate, he would have seen you anyways/would still have the same gear as if you were to sneak attack him. Sorry if that last sentence didn't make sense - It's 2AM. But still, this is a dumb thread, and you are taking it way to seriously.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Sorry - But this is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on here... OptiFine cannot decrease FPS, at all, no matter what you say back to this. So what, he saw you peeking out - big deal. If he wanted to investigate, he would have seen you anyways/would still have the same gear as if you were to sneak attack him. Sorry if that last sentence didn't make sense - It's 2AM. But still, this is a dumb thread, and you are taking it way to seriously.
Agreed. If Optifine was slowing his game down then he obviously downloaded the wrong version of Optifine to fit his computer specs.

thezeronumber

Tribute
Reaction score
OptiFine cannot decrease FPS, at all,
Just wanting to clarify, yes it can. It can cause a huge memory leak and use up all of your Ram, which slows down not just your client but your entire computer.

What's your computer's RAM? A recommended RAM for MC is anything above 1-2 GB of RAM, although I manage with a little less than 1 GB :)

I have 4Gb of Ram. Minecraft runs fine on this, at least well enough to play on, but it disappoints me that Optifine causes these issues. I've tried a few different versions and all seem to do the same thing; slow my computer down to a near halt after half an hour on Minecraft.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Just wanting to clarify, yes it can. It can cause a huge memory leak and use up all of your Ram, which slows down not just your client but your entire computer.

I have 4Gb of Ram. Minecraft runs fine on this, at least well enough to play on, but it disappoints me that Optifine causes these issues. I've tried a few different versions and all seem to do the same thing; slow my computer down to a near halt after half an hour on Minecraft.
Which version of Optifine did you use?

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I've tried the 'Standard', 'Multi-core' and 'Smooth' versions, each having the same effect after roughly half an hour of use.
That's quite rare, one of those unlucky 1%. Are you sure it's optifine itself, or is there anything else that might be causing the leak?

thezeronumber

Tribute
Reaction score
That's quite rare, one of those unlucky 1%. Are you sure it's optifine itself, or is there anything else that might be causing the leak?
100% certain Optifine was the cause. I've never had an issue like this before and as soon as i installed it the problems began. Once removed, everything went back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci