• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New game type idea! District Survival Games

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Hmm. I actually like the concept behind this, however you have to take into account some negatives that may occur. They would need solutions.

- Multiple districts teaming. If two or more districts come together and team, it's like an uber team because they can't hurt each other.
- District partners leaving. If your teammate leaves or is kicked, you're screwed.
- Not HAVING a District Partner. However, this could easily be resolved by having randomly assigned district partners unless you already have one.
- Non-full servers. If they don't fill up to an even number, there's going to be people left out.
- If you're assigned to someone you don't like?

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Hmm. I actually like the concept behind this, however you have to take into account some negatives that may occur. They would need solutions.

- Multiple districts teaming. If two or more districts come together and team, it's like an uber team because they can't hurt each other.
- District partners leaving. If your teammate leaves or is kicked, you're screwed.
- Not HAVING a District Partner. However, this could easily be resolved by having randomly assigned district partners unless you already have one.
- Non-full servers. If they don't fill up to an even number, there's going to be people left out.
- If you're assigned to someone you don't like?
-Well, the most common type of team on MCSG is the team of two, so I don't think there would be too many double district teams. However, even if there was, it would be the same ratio as a 1v2 in MCSG, it would just be a 2v4. Not to big of a deal I don't think. If you end up solo because your teammate dies, well then, lets just say you better hope for a cleanup, or a miracle. (YES, it is very important to protect your teammate as well)
-I don't think this would be a major problem, but yes it could be a minor one. If it did happen, there would still be a chance of wining, because fighting a 1v2 is not impossible. Also, there could be other solo players as well that could have lost their teammate in a battle. If you killed some of them, you could get some good gear. You never know, miracles happen.
- I said in the original post that they could be randomly assigned.
-Just kick the last non-donor that joined if their is an odd number. If there is less than 6 teams, restart lobby just like in MCSG.
-Tough Luck! :)

Cartercraft99

Experienced
Reaction score
I would really like to see this implemented into a couple servers. I think it would be very fun, and you would meet a lot of new people! :)

Zietra

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It was an awesome idea, and an easy way to get friends, but it is very close to normal sg, D:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Oh yeah. Something else I forgot to bring up - The plugin would be so similar to the regular one, yet it would require separate servers, which MCSG might not be willing to purchase unless the plugin was vastly different, so at this time I think it'd be best to just implement it into some of the currently existing servers, such as maybe SG Classic.

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
I love this idea... But I don't think it would work, you would get people in other districts skyping, and teaming even if they aren't in the same district, also that would escalate and you would get mad teams of 4-6 ruining the whole concept and they would purposely do it to ruin the game. However I love this idea, and if there was a way round the problem I mentioned I would love to see it added
People already do this in regular survival games, And with districts it would give people a bigger chance of killing these huge teams. People dont even make huge teams that often

OwenzKillz

Platinum
Reaction score
Now that all of MCG's servers are back up except survival, I started thinking about what MCG should add next. And this is what brought me to this idea.

Some players don't know this, but the number next to your name in a game of SG, is the district number you are from. Just like the real hunger games, there are two players per district. During an MCSG game there is no real purpose for them, and that is why I have come up with the idea of district survival games. This is how it would work.

When the lobby starts each player can ask another player to join their district and be their partner. If they accept the invitation, then they form a district and are a team. If a player has not found a teammate by the time the game begins, they are randomly paired with one. Great way to make new friends!

Once the game has started it is just like normal SG, except with a few modifications. To start, each district has a unique color as their name, this allows you to tell which players are together. Also, teammates can't do damage to each other, to prevent betraying and trolling. If your teammate dies, then you are on your own, and will have to fight other districts solo. This makes working with your teammate important, as you will not want to lose him. When two districts are left DMatch begins. They fight it out until a district is crown the champion! Edit: I haven't decided if when the game starts if districts should start next to each other, across from each other, or random. Suggestions?

What do you guys think? I personally think this would be really fun.
Edit: This is so similar to the current plugin, I bet the devs could program this in a weekend or two! I think this would be a fun and easy to create game type for MCG.
You're supporting teaming.... For noobs... Wow man this would suck just saying

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
It'd be just my luck to get paired with a Steve every time....

Anywhoosies, how do you think stats would be tracked? Kills would be easy enough, but it'd be a little [w]itch to track wins.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
It'd be just my luck to get paired with a Steve every time....

Anywhoosies, how do you think stats would be tracked? Kills would be easy enough, but it'd be a little [w]itch to track wins.
If a district wins, both players get the win, assuming both are still alive. If only one is alive then they get the win. (This of course if my first idea, what do you guys think?)

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
It seems like a wonderful idea but there would be way too many issues for it to be easily implemented into the game. I just thought I should let you know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci