• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New game type idea! District Survival Games

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Now that all of MCG's servers are back up except survival, I started thinking about what MCG should add next. And this is what brought me to this idea.

Some players don't know this, but the number next to your name in a game of SG, is the district number you are from. Just like the real hunger games, there are two players per district. During an MCSG game there is no real purpose for them, and that is why I have come up with the idea of district survival games. This is how it would work.

When the lobby starts each player can ask another player to join their district and be their partner. If they accept the invitation, then they form a district and are a team. If a player has not found a teammate by the time the game begins, they are randomly paired with one. Great way to make new friends!

Once the game has started it is just like normal SG, except with a few modifications. To start, each district has a unique color as their name, this allows you to tell which players are together. Also, teammates can't do damage to each other, to prevent betraying and trolling. If your teammate dies, then you are on your own, and will have to fight other districts solo. This makes working with your teammate important, as you will not want to lose him. When two districts are left DMatch begins. They fight it out until a district is crown the champion! Edit: I haven't decided if when the game starts if districts should start next to each other, across from each other, or random. Suggestions?

What do you guys think? I personally think this would be really fun.

Edit: This is so similar to the current plugin, I bet the devs could program this in a weekend or two! I think this would be a fun and easy to create game type for MCG. ChadTheDJ

Last edited:

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
So this is basically the Teaming Survival Games? I like the idea though.
SAME THING :D Edit: I thought if I put the word team in the name everyone would immediately hate it without giving it a chance.

PandaDoesPvPxD

Platinum
Reaction score
I love this idea... But I don't think it would work, you would get people in other districts skyping, and teaming even if they aren't in the same district, also that would escalate and you would get mad teams of 4-6 ruining the whole concept and they would purposely do it to ruin the game. However I love this idea, and if there was a way round the problem I mentioned I would love to see it added

Tartanian

Experienced
Reaction score
Good idea! Though I'm pretty sure Huahwi did district teams on one of his streams... :p

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It's a great idea! But having 12 different colored names would be difficult/confusing I think. Maybe only seeing the 'district color' of your teammate and all the other players having white names for you and your teammate...?

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
It's a great idea! But having 12 different colored names would be difficult/confusing I think. Maybe only seeing the 'district color' of your teammate and all the other players having white names for you and your teammate...?
Red, Dark Green, Light Green, Dark Blue, Light Blue, Pink , Purple, Yellow, Orange, Black, Brown, and White.
Good idea! Though I'm pretty sure Huahwi did district teams on one of his streams... :p
I never watch his stream, but cool another person agrees with me! :cool:

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Moved to the appropriate section. Good idea!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci