• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New donor idea (beware could suck) (not a noob "get rid of donors"

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes jtrviunviugrn!

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • No I love forum spam!!!

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Plg is very sexy!

Votes: 25 47.2%

• Total voters

KfIsh

Spectator
Reaction score
The main problem with this, (Correct me if I'm wrong somebody.) is the massive amount of work this would take to implement. Currently Donor privileges are applied manually to the account. This would then mean it would have to be an automated system and it would have to be scripted to stop after a certain point. Meaning a ton of work for the Devs and causing even more strain on the servers. Each account would probably have downtime after it got switched on top of that.

So, while an idea to be thought upon, it's really not feasible.

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
The main problem with this, (Correct me if I'm wrong somebody.) is the massive amount of work this would take to implement. Currently Donor privileges are applied manually to the account. This would then mean it would have to be an automated system and it would have to be scripted to stop after a certain point. Meaning a ton of work for the Devs and causing even more strain on the servers. Each account would probably have downtime after it got switched on top of that.

So, while an idea to be thought upon, it's really not feasible.
I actually think donor is applied to accounts automatilcally, but yes you have a point. I'm not saying that we should put this in right now, Im saying its a good future idea. The accounts would not need downtime if you made it so after five games, they just don't have it any more. like when my donor ran out, one game I played I was donor, then the next game I joined directly after it was gone.

umattbro

Survivor
Reaction score
When you make an account on the forums you should get 5-10 games of iron donor.

Demonds11

Survivor
Reaction score
I say delete the posts that are complaints about getting kicked :p

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
We need a way to stop them from coming up in the first place.
You know, I would just say permaban anybody who makes a thread like that, and make it clear.

But since that would never happen... Yeah, we do need a change. :p

And response to your post about mine, if it was made extremely clear, that could be solved. But, some older members may get a little mad that they don't get their few games of donor. (Which would be stupid, but people are so willing just for one game of donor, they'd go insane.) Also, people would be willing to use it for what it's meant for, but people would also use it for the WRONG reasons. Like I said, you always got that one bad egg who has to ruin everybody else's fun.

I like the idea, but there are some small things that would kind of spoil it, sadly.

KfIsh

Spectator
Reaction score
I actually think donor is applied to accounts automatilcally, but yes you have a point. I'm not saying that we should put this in right now, Im saying its a good future idea. The accounts would not need downtime if you made it so after five games, they just don't have it any more. like when my donor ran out, one game I played I was donor, then the next game I joined directly after it was gone.
Yeah, I'm definitely not sure of the specifics of how it works. My main point however is, why have the devs spend time working on this for new members, when they already have enough to do already?

If it was done though it would be a nice opening feature.

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
In response to you all, the idea is not even close to perfect, and it can be cheated, but that is true with all ideas. All ideas have down sides, and when they come up, we deal with them accordingly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci